PDA

View Full Version : Who has a Euro with an amplifier/sub?

EuroDude
30-03-2006, 05:23 PM
If you have an aftermarket amp/sub...

1) Where does your Amp Power Cable pass through the firewall? I cant find any grommets or holes anywhere. I saw an existing passage with rubber around it and existing wires covered in that black tube stuff, do you think an 8 Gauge wire can fit?

2) Where is the Amp's Earth cable attached? Or did you drill a new hole into the chassis? I was thinking of attaching it to the Fuel Pump bolt but thats not safe incase of a fuel leak.

3) If you are using the stock Honda Head Unit, where did you connect the Remote-In wire to?

4) If you are running the stock rear speakers from an Amp, are they acceptible? If not, what brand/model replacement 6x9 speakers did you install?

Fhrx
30-03-2006, 06:32 PM
In answer to your questions:

1. There is a gromment on the firewall on the passenger side. Email me and I'll send you a photo. :)

2. There is a large bar under the rear seat held down by two M8 bolts. This is where we earth amplifiers in Euro's.

3. The ignition (amp turns on when ignition is turned on).

4. Seeing as you're seated at the front and your ears face forwards I would leave the rear speakers factory for now. The only time we bother upgrading the rear speakers is if you either A; have people in the rear all the time or B; run surround sound. I'd instead spend any money you have on a quality set of splits for the front and some sound deadening. :)

EuroDude
30-03-2006, 06:57 PM
1. PM'd you with my email address. (Your OzHonda email is blocked)
2. Sounds like a good location, I'll do that.
3. I was thinking I could T wire into the accessory plug in the center console, but I guess its easier to connect the remote to the in-cabin fusebox.
4. I actually prefer the rear to be louder and turn down the fronts so I can hear traffic noise. But anyway I'll hook the rears up to my amp and judge the sound.

ps. I bought my Audison Amp from u guys :thumbsup:

thx for the info.

EuroDude
30-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Got the photo, thanks.

I noticed that grommet but it felt really tight, and I couldnt get the rubber surround off.

[edit]

That rubber grommet is a pain to get back onto the white circular clip thing, but yeah its all good now. Gotta just find a good remote input now...