PDA

View Full Version : scrutinizing and rules at dragways

SKREMN
30-03-2006, 08:43 PM
I need more info on scrutinizing and rules at the dragways
I have found alot of information but not on what i need to know
I rang WSID and they couldnt help me

I want to find out what else is requiered to be able to run with full drag slicks on a rear wheel drive car

do you need front runners also?

do you need a tailshaft loop?
do you need two loops if its a two piece shaft?

what else would be requiered?

it is not a 10 second car or anything but ive heard that you may not be allowed to run with full slicks unless other stuff has been done

thanks

SKREMN
31-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I guess no one knows?

Weq
31-03-2006, 11:13 PM
u can run full slicks on anything, no special rules.

gumbs
01-04-2006, 09:48 AM
u can run full slicks on anything, no special rules.

That said aren't full slciks with out front runners dangerous? I know there was a huge discussion on it ona street commodores after a couple of guys clipped walls. BUt It was street commodores so everything said needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Weq
01-04-2006, 11:51 AM
whats a 'front runner'?

All i know is americans always put slicks onw ith no other mods, and do fine?

bennjamin
01-04-2006, 11:58 AM
whats a 'front runner'?

All i know is americans always put slicks onw ith no other mods, and do fine?

Id assume american rules for almost everything car sport related are not exactly the same as here in Oz...different rules and regulations classes etc etc etc
For a start refer to this page
http://www.wsid.com.au/default.asp?Page=Venue-Regulations
Then , try emailing or calling WSID for correspondance ~ might give you and exact answer to your question

Phone: (02) 9672 1320
Fax: (02) 9672 1122
Email: info@wsid.com.au

Weq
01-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Id assume american rules for almost everything car sport related are not exactly the same as here in Oz...different rules and regulations classes etc etc etc
For a start refer to this page
http://www.wsid.com.au/default.asp?Page=Venue-Regulations
Then , try emailing or calling WSID for correspondance ~ might give you and exact answer to your question

Phone: (02) 9672 1320
Fax: (02) 9672 1122
Email: info@wsid.com.au

I need more info on scrutinizing and rules at the dragways
I have found alot of information but not on what i need to know
I rang WSID and they couldnt help me

Please read before you post. It kinda makes the mods looks stupid if you dont.

That said aren't full slciks with out front runners dangerous? I know there was a huge discussion on it ona street commodores after a couple of guys clipped walls. BUt It was street commodores so everything said needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

As above, no mods are required to run slicks.

gumbs
01-04-2006, 12:37 PM
There the really skinny wheels. That you run on the front of a car running big slicks.

I'm by no means an expert on this stuff I'm just relaying stuff I read elsewhere after a few commies had big sticks running slicks with their standard front rims.

Although I'd tend to agree that if it was big problem the tracks would be making them compulsory.

bennjamin
01-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Waste of a reply lol-
You call up and get the ladies in reception , but as I said try emailing or refer to the link as a start above as well.
Another help out - try this forum - http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12
its motorsport and im sure they could direct some more info at ya

Weq
01-04-2006, 06:09 PM
There the really skinny wheels. That you run on the front of a car running big slicks.

I'm by no means an expert on this stuff I'm just relaying stuff I read elsewhere after a few commies had big sticks running slicks with their standard front rims.

Although I'd tend to agree that if it was big problem the tracks would be making them compulsory.

Ahhk cheers. that makes sence.

Defaintly no rules like that htough, i ahev seen plenty of stock cars running slicks. RWD, AWD or FWD.

SKREMN
01-04-2006, 11:15 PM
i think they mostly run front runners to help with stearing coz they have wide rears that make it stiffer and also so there is less resitance to the rd from the wheels to the ground maybe?