PDA

View Full Version : might sound like a stupid question...

MR_PEA
30-03-2006, 11:51 PM
but what is an SRI - in terms on air intakes?

also why doesnt this fourm have a slang/abbreviation converter.

bennjamin
30-03-2006, 11:56 PM
refer to this thread below.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40853

BTW ~ this HAS been covered.
The slang stands for Short ram intake ~ which refers to simply a pipe with a open pod in a engine bay ( not enclosed in a box etc)

Click on the above thread for more info and SEARCH before creating completly covered threads !

tRipitaka
31-03-2006, 12:01 AM
sri - short ram intake (the shorter version of an aftermarket intake, sucks air from around the engine bay)
cai - cold air intake (the longer version of an aftermarket intake, sucks air from front bumper)

z3lda
31-03-2006, 01:18 PM
why be such a nazi for benJ. this 'is' the newb forum section. :rolleyes:

KWICKS
31-03-2006, 02:02 PM
why be such a nazi for benJ. this 'is' the newb forum section. :rolleyes:
Totally agree. Maybe a topic on over-moderation is in order. I don't see why any question asked by a noob shouldn't be answered where it is asked in the noob forum becasue they are subscribed to that thread and likely to get the info they need the quickest. This in turn will encourage further participation at OzHonda following a positive noob experience. Come down off your high horses moderators and let the people communicate in their forum. It is the people who make the forum, not the moderators. :zip:

As for SRI, I learned something here without having to search for it, something I may not have ever done otherwise. Good question nooby!

bennjamin
31-03-2006, 02:09 PM
If i was a nazi i would of locked it down -
My reply was much more helpful than both of your pointless replies.
Get off your soap boxes members , and broaden your perspective :)

Are you going to help out the guy or just complain ?

As i said - in this thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40853 , there is abit of recent discussion about SRI + CAI ~
one thing that stands treu about both is SRI's tend to give better throttle response but poorer top end while CAI's give better top end.