PDA

View Full Version : clutch help ?

1900-hustler
31-03-2006, 12:14 AM
i kno this has kinda been covered before about the clutch squeaking .. and its jus lubin up the clutch fork. however wat only used to be a slight squeak when depressing.. is now a squeak on the take up aswel..

like i kno my clutch has no probs because it doesnt slip or nothing.. but ive applied brake lubricant, etc and the problem goes away for a while. n then it comes back.. say after a week or so..

and now.. it comes back all the time. once the engine is wamred up.. its jus more annoying than anything.. it happens like when 60%+ of the clutch is pushed in and released..

does this mean that i need to replace my clutch master cylinder or something? has this happened to anyone before.. any help would be appreciated..

oh btw. car is dc2r.. if that matters..

thanks

bennjamin
31-03-2006, 12:19 AM
sounds to me like the release bearing is not properly lubricated.
My car does the same (since not enough grease was applied to a 2nd hand bearing it "taps" alitttle from metal contact and vibration)

1900-hustler
31-03-2006, 12:22 AM
u mean ur car makes like a 'tap' sound.. mines more like say.. u know when a door hinge isnt lubed properly. its like a long droney sound aha if that makes sense..

anyway.. so hows to i go about fixing it.. how can i lube up the release bearing.? can i jus stand over the engine bay.. or do i have to start dismantling stuff?

Zilli
31-03-2006, 08:27 AM
very very common problem

bennjamin
31-03-2006, 11:24 AM
anyway.. so hows to i go about fixing it.. how can i lube up the release bearing.? can i jus stand over the engine bay.. or do i have to start dismantling stuff?

you can tempoarily re-lube up the release bearing , but pulling back the shift fork boot (located on the front of the gearbox , next to the radiator on the gearbox) - and spray some form of lubricant in there ~ aiming for the big bearing on the end of the shift fork ofcourse.
But the noise will come back again...

1900-hustler
31-03-2006, 12:09 PM
you can tempoarily re-lube up the release bearing , but pulling back the shift fork boot (located on the front of the gearbox , next to the radiator on the gearbox) - and spray some form of lubricant in there ~ aiming for the big bearing on the end of the shift fork ofcourse.
But the noise will come back again...

yea the longest it went away was for like 2 months..

so im guessing jus get it done properly wen i get serviced next? does it cost anything?

thanks
gary