PDA

View Full Version : EG Civic Headlight Aiming????? how to...

luggie
31-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Can anyone tell me how to aim the EG civic headlights. Mine are pointing to high and I quite often get flashed by oncoming drivers. Is there an easy way to aim them?

Ive tried undoing the bolts on the top of the light and sliding the whole light assembly but that is not working, still too high. Are there other ways of doing this?

Cheers guys

VTC-8OY
31-03-2006, 04:41 PM
there should be 2 screws on each side headligt, the one on the inner closest to ur number plate is for adjusting up and down and the one outter is for width (or is it the otherway around?) best thing to do is go infront of a blank wall at nite few metres away n turn ur headlights on n jus keep screw'ing it till u see the line go up and down, inner/ outter etc.. this jus rough idea i got the proper instructions in a manuel at home, but ye u get wat i mean...

bennjamin
31-03-2006, 04:42 PM
best to use a large PHILLIPS HEAD screwdriver , and put it down one of the two per side holes - park infront of a wall to "see" the headlight aim too !

luggie
01-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Cheers for that guys, had success!

civicboy
15-12-2006, 11:56 AM
I want to adjust my headlights as well, coz they're aiming abit low...i want to adjust them higher but i dont know which one to adjusts ~ i've looked & saw the 2 bolts; now which one of them 2 do i adjust to go UP & which way do i turn it??(looking from the motors view)..anti-clock wise or clockwise??

I also want to know which bolt adjust to tilt the light beam left or right??

thanks alot tech boyz

tengsta
15-12-2006, 12:29 PM
maybe someone should post a pic and circle the place :wave:

RIVAL
18-12-2006, 08:41 PM
yes that would be great cos im having abit of trouble myself finding it