PDA

View Full Version : vtir vs itr shocks/springs

Phorte
21-09-2003, 11:14 AM
ok here's the scenario with my 95 VTiR Integra:

ive got standard shocks + lowering springs on my teg. i just got defected for being too low.

ive found on another forum a set of type-r stock shocks + springs (done 15,000km's with no pillowball mount).

questions:

1. will they be a simple swap over job that'll bolt right in with no dramas?

2. similar question to #1: will i need to get ITR LCA's? both front and rear?

3. after inspection has been done, can i keep the ITR shocks in and put in my lowering springs to lower it again? my worry is that it may damage the ITR shocks? but i guess the standard VTiR shocks im currently using has handled the lowering springs fine, shouldnt the ITR ones too?

4. similar to question #3: i heard stock ITR's are lower than stock VTiR's.. is this due to the shocks that come with ITR's or the springs? for example, will my current VTiR shocks + lowering springs be higher than the ITR shocks + my current lowering springs?

from what i understand (and can answer for myself), it is a simple bolt in job but i'll need to replace the rear LCA's to ITR items.. #3 i kinda answered for myself and #4: the height is governed by the springs only..

can anyone clarify?

Spunkymonkey
21-09-2003, 11:53 AM
Defected already!!

why don't you just get coilovers ;)

Phorte
21-09-2003, 12:32 PM
hehehe yea already

coilovers are actually my number 1 alternative atm.. im actually looking at some Tein HA's next week but also got offered from 2nd hand Zeal ones from Hikari (dunno actual model) along with Tanabe sustec pro's and JIC ones..

but ive been told that the inspection place here (Regency for all the SA ppl) dont look too keenly on coilovers.. but i dont see why not becuase its not like their illegal and the inspection ppl are there to inspect if your car is legal or not.

i'll give em a call on Monday but im asking about the shocks/springs now as an alternative if the coilovers dont go through..

Spunkymonkey
21-09-2003, 12:58 PM
hey can't you just chuck your standard springs on there first and get your car cleared?

or don't you have them anymore.

A'PEXi
21-09-2003, 03:12 PM
you could also get coilover sleeves which would be at a lower cost...

Phorte
21-09-2003, 08:01 PM
i dun have standard springs anymore... if i did i wouldnt be asking all of this...

and no thanks to coilover sleeves.. =]

and no one can answer my actual initial questions?

fried
21-09-2003, 08:08 PM
ive got a question too!!!!

i just want to lower my new dc2! "so its as easy as spending $300-400 on springs to lower it".... but ive heard that just getting lowering springs is bad for the shocks?

what do u all think? or know? pros? cons?

thing is, i did end up spending much more than i could afford, so i dont have money for expensive toys etc.

eric.

joneblaze
21-09-2003, 09:03 PM
ive got a question too!!!!

i just want to lower my new dc2! "so its as easy as spending $300-400 on springs to lower it".... but ive heard that just getting lowering springs is bad for the shocks?

what do u all think? or know? pros? cons?

thing is, i did end up spending much more than i could afford, so i dont have money for expensive toys etc.

eric.

dun hikack other ppl's threads, post ur own up u pirate... :)
baha...

LatinoHatchCrap
06-10-2003, 02:42 PM
im running ITR suspension on my car,,,its uncredible stiff and I feel handling has improved a lot. You wont have problems fitting the front shocks but for the rear ones you will need ITR LCAs,,,You can get just lowering springs but get the JDM springs designed to run on the ITR shocks and you'll be ok,,,if they end up blowing up just buy coilovers

-LHC