PDA

View Full Version : Discount on new Euro

socheerio
31-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Mate of my boyfriend has just been offered $2500 off the price of a new Accord Euro Sport in manual from dealer in Adelaide. He is very polite and has had the sort of nice anglo upbringing where he was not encouraged to barter. Do you think he should take it or push a bit harder? I know he would be uncomfortable, but I'd hate to then hear about people getting more than that off. Ta.

hifiandmtb
31-03-2006, 02:22 PM
That discount is just where the bargaining began. My uncle's brother bought a Euro Luxury just last week for $7,100 off retail. He also managed to get them to throw in an extra seven years warranty & cover all servicing until 125,000 km.

His mum's sister's auntie (she went with my uncle's brother to help seal the deal) said that she got the impression they were only too keen to push this particular Euro out the door. And yes, before anybody asks, it was an MY06 model (build 12/05).

Oh...they threw in floor mates, blue LED parkers, a sports exhaust & 2 inch lowered springs for free, too.

So, to recap...$2,500 is nothing. Keep hammering away! :wave:

KWICKS
31-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Not quite the same, but my Odyssey was on-road for $50K neat with a few options included, brand new. Savings total was nearer to $4500, but this is a more expensive vehicle to start with.

KWICKS
31-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Beware socheerio - I can feel a tremor that might indicate this thread will be relocated by the thread relocator. Did you use the SEARCH function. You might get yelled at by a Moderator!

hifiandmtb
31-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Socheerio - don't worry about searching.

When my uncle's brother said he was going to buy a Euro Luxury, I searched this forum & couldn't find anybody who bought a Luxury for $7,100 off retail with 7-yr extended warranty & free servicing until 125k. That's a great deal.

socheerio
31-03-2006, 02:28 PM
I knew he was too nice. 06 build and new model though. Still Milano Red I would have thought was a less popular colour. Kwicks - that was good bargaining on your part. Oh, and is this not a fair question?

hifiandmtb - could a fair proportion of that discount be down to the LED parkers not matching the paintwork?

Oh and he's been quoted $250 for gold badging. Is that a lot?

civ_sik
31-03-2006, 02:28 PM
wtf is up with all these noobs... depends on the dealership.

hifiandmtb
31-03-2006, 02:30 PM
hifiandmtb - could a fair proportion of that discount be down to the LED parkers not matching the paintwork?
Not sure...it could be. The car is silver. Do blue LEDs go with silver?

socheerio
31-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Not sure...it could be. The car is silver. Do blue LEDs go with silver?
Can't think of a nicer combination. Even with the gold badges and white wheels.

KWICKS
31-03-2006, 02:35 PM
OT but how does an 18yo get an M3 without selling drugs for a living, or being the child of said trafficker? :eek:

milkman
31-03-2006, 02:36 PM

whats a nob?:eek:

aaronng
31-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Check out this thread: http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14150
Lots of posts regarding the prices people paid for their Euros and the extra bonuses that they got.
$2500 off the Euro Sport's RRP? That's $35,000 driveaway? I'd say that is a good price. Ask the salesman if he can throw in floor mats, boot tray, tints if you want as well.

Check out that thread first and see all the lists of extras that the others got and add that to your "want to have" list to ask the saleman to throw in. :)

KWICKS
31-03-2006, 02:39 PM
whats a nob?:eek:
Reach down between your legs sunshine and take a good long feel. That's your nob! :D

hifiandmtb
31-03-2006, 02:39 PM
KWICKS - don't fret...his heart is in the right place :eek:

1995 Honda Civic SiR (My Favourite).
2005 BMW M3 (My 2nd Favorite) awesome car obviously, looking to get into a M3 CSL later this year.

hifiandmtb
31-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I'd say that is a good price.
A good price for someone who can't negotiate, perhaps :p

socheerio
31-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Cheers aaroong, I'll pass that on - that's a great help :)

socheerio
31-03-2006, 02:48 PM
A good price for someone who can't negotiate, perhaps :p
Sad but true hifiandmtb. But is it better to be about average and happy or out in front and wondering if the dealer's children were fed that week...

hifiandmtb
31-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh - I forgot to mention. My uncle's brother's son organised the deal. His father's brother was working at the dealership at the time. Alas, Jim is no longer there.

I fear it was a family discount... :o

socheerio
31-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey Milkman. What sort of discount are there on Gallardos. I'd heard like zilch, but that could just be propaganda. Also how much should I pay for 600ml coffee milk? I reckon they jack the price up at those Mobils - you know, spend $5 and get 4c off but you end up spending more anyway. We all pay in the end.

hifiandmtb
31-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Well, I love my Oak 600ml Iced Coffee. I pay $2.65 from Shell, $2.90 from Caltex, $2.25 from Coles & sometimes $3.10 from the corner store.

I hope this helps! :wave:

yfin
31-03-2006, 02:59 PM
We already have a "how much did you pay" for your Euro thread. We don't need something which is essentially the same thing.

Also - you Subaru new members (you know who you are) - don't spam here with crap please. You are walking a fine line. And hifiandmtb (http://member.php?u=9317) - how about you PM me pictures of your uncle's brothers Euro with the dealer provided blue LED parkers (illegal by the way - so strange it is being provided by a Honda dealer?), 2 inch lowering springs (as if a dealer is going to sell a Euro 5cm lower than stock), and sports exhaust (yeah - the Mugen one in from Japan right?). I also want to see evidence of this free servicing for 125k and 3+7 (10 years) warranty. All this for $7100 less than retail. Simply amazing.

We aren't idiots on this forum so stop posting like we are. Never seen so much garbage in my life.... I hope you can sleep at night knowing how pathetic things have become for you - you get enjoyment spamming on Ozhonda.

By far the majority of Ozhonda members respect Subarus and their owners. I would be embarassed if I was a Subaru owner knowing what you are doing on this forum right now.

That discount is just where the bargaining began. My uncle's brother bought a Euro Luxury just last week for $7,100 off retail. He also managed to get them to throw in an extra seven years warranty & cover all servicing until 125,000 km.

His mum's sister's auntie (she went with my uncle's brother to help seal the deal) said that she got the impression they were only too keen to push this particular Euro out the door. And yes, before anybody asks, it was an MY06 model (build 12/05).

Oh...they threw in floor mates, blue LED parkers, a sports exhaust & 2 inch lowered springs for free, too.

Oh - I forgot to mention. My uncle's brother's son organised the deal. His father's brother was working at the dealership at the time. Alas, Jim is no longer there.

I fear it was a family discount... :o

This thread is closed.