PDA

View Full Version : can someone tell me what this is?

godamit
31-03-2006, 04:33 PM
i got my ggames rims in today! but I found 4 rings in my boxes. What are they?

the pink one

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=500/8892IMG_1903.JPG

[ricer]
31-03-2006, 04:34 PM
the wheel centers

godamit
31-03-2006, 04:35 PM
what are they for? how do i put them on?

will the tyre shop know what to do with them?

[ricer]
31-03-2006, 04:39 PM
put them on the back of the wheel
it centers the wheel when u put it on
get me?

bennjamin
31-03-2006, 04:40 PM
what he said :)

Yes , they centre the rim so when you tighten the wheel nuts they "guide" easy , and this ring also supports the hub too so the wheel is centred :)

aaronng
31-03-2006, 04:47 PM
And since it centers the rims, you are less likely to get bent vibrations like this guy: http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40938

godamit
31-03-2006, 04:48 PM
is this what I am supposed to do?

i can't push it in..

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=500/8892IMG_1904.JPG

LowEk
31-03-2006, 04:51 PM
they are called hub rings if the centre of the wheel is to big they make the wheel and hub match also stops putting all the stress on your wheel studs and stops you bending your wheel studs.

LowEk
31-03-2006, 04:53 PM
is this what I am supposed to do?

i can't push it in..

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=500/8892IMG_1904.JPG

^^^ yep thats right push hard if they dont fit properly then if you get a wheel shop to fit them then they will put the right ones on.

bennjamin
31-03-2006, 04:59 PM
get a rubber mallet and lightly tap it from behind ~ it should just start to slide on.
The, take the rim and fit it to the hub , tighten the nuts as usual and it should firmly and slowly get pushed properly on.
IF it seems like it wont fit at all ~ as said above get a new set for ur hub !

godamit
31-03-2006, 04:59 PM
sorry to ask such a stupid question..

so if the rims fit nicely onto my euro, i won't need them?

another question, I have got the lug and lock nuts too..

I read somewhere that it is a no-no to use that gun thing to bolt them on right?

..when i go to the tyre shop tom to fit my tyres and wheels..

LowEk
31-03-2006, 05:23 PM
just when you take it to the tyre shop to fit them just watch and you will know what we mean. im sure they will fit them properly so no need to worry.

civicCXI
31-03-2006, 05:49 PM
should attach the silver ring to the ping one first b4 install it to the rim

bennjamin
31-03-2006, 06:07 PM
should attach the silver ring to the ping one first b4 install it to the rim

Wrong ~ The pink ring is the spacer as said , which can only be installed from the back (hub mount) - the silver disc is the wheel cap which can only be installed from the front.

drdrei
31-03-2006, 06:44 PM
OMG. I'm lucky to be alive with some of you still on the road.

If you don't understand then go to a tyre shop. Prevent yourself from killing yourself or someone else.

LowEk
31-03-2006, 06:47 PM
OMG. I'm lucky to be alive with some of you still on the road.

If you don't understand then go to a tyre shop. Prevent yourself from killing yourself or someone else.

hey thats not nice mate we all started not knowing much sometime im sure you dont know everything.

godamit
31-03-2006, 07:17 PM
hey thats not nice mate we all started not knowing much sometime im sure you dont know everything.

thanks for everybody's help..

i am going to the tyre shop tomorrow to fit my wheels, just wanted to learn more about what they are going to do.

i m still a newbie so please bear with my ignorance..

thanks for all your patience again mates!

drdrei
01-04-2006, 12:00 AM
thanks for everybody's help..

i am going to the tyre shop tomorrow to fit my wheels, just wanted to learn more about what they are going to do.

i m still a newbie so please bear with my ignorance..

thanks for all your patience again mates!
Please note I wasn't having a go at you, but more so some of the guys giving "advice". To those guys, if you aren't 200% sure of what you're saying then don't say it.

godamit - go to the tyre shop and ask as many questions of the guy as you like. This is how you learn. From an expert. If you get a chance, go out and watch what they're doing. If you tell them you're their to understand about cars and shit then they're more than likely going to help.

godamit
01-04-2006, 06:50 PM
no worries drdei.

The reason why I needed to ask this questions were becoz I wanted some info/knowledge on what the mechanics were going to do.. just in case they "screw" up.

just as I expected, the tyre shop guy didn't really know what the pink rings were too!.. and he was going to chuck it aside.

fter my rims were mounted, I was told to lower the suspension becoz there is something wrong with the alignment or chamber.

the tyre guy told me my front wheels are tilting out, like an V in front. the back is tilting in, like an A. he said lowering the suspension would correct the error.. how true is this?

btw, he told me that i could lower my car by heating the springs n compressing it..

while I am a newbie and don't know much, I am getting worried if these guys know what the hell they are doing or talking about.

seriously need help here... :o

godamit
01-04-2006, 07:12 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=500/8892IMG_1930.JPG

LowEk
01-04-2006, 07:56 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=500/8892IMG_1930.JPG

Nice man. :):thumbsup:

driven
01-04-2006, 08:31 PM
btw, he told me that i could lower my car by heating the springs n compressing it..

Don't compress your springs! You'll be bouncing all over the place.
if you wanna get it lowered properly, try getting coilovers.
or if you're on a budget, get lowering springs.

never cut your springs or compress them!

godamit
01-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Don't compress your springs! You'll be bouncing all over the place.
if you wanna get it lowered properly, try getting coilovers.
or if you're on a budget, get lowering springs.

never cut your springs or compress them!

thanks mate..

the tyre guy told me my front wheels are tilting out, like an V in front. the back is tilting in, like an A. he said lowering the suspension would correct the error.. how true is this?

can you help me on this?

LowEk
02-04-2006, 07:53 AM
yeh if you lower your car it will fix the problem in the front but make it abit more worse in the rear.