PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket plugs and leads.. probs

aznsiko
31-03-2006, 09:05 PM
ok.. you guys probly seen the last post about forza 9.5mm leads.. anyways.. now ive replaced my plugs with bosch super 4s.. and the leads work fine.. but it seems as if im losing power instead now.. lol.. weird?? but i must admit the engine revs and sounds alot smoother.. but is there any sort of tuning that im suppose to carry out after this change over??

what do you guys think of upping the fuel pressure?? because logicly its got burning power now.. so up the fuel pressure abit and bigger bang?? lol thats my theory.. correct me if im wrong?

h22a accord
31-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Without doubt the engine is benefiting from new plugs and leads as the resistance of these new leads and plugs is reduced alowing more power from the ignition to flow easier through them. If your distributor cap and rotor button and slighty worn the effeciency of the power flowing through your ignition system will be reduced and not opertating at optimum performance.

Did u check to see if the plugs listed in your owners manual for you car match the super 4's? if not, change to a more sutable plug, if they match honda specification, replace your distributor cap and rotor button.

Also check your owners manual for correct spark plug gap and gap your plugs.

aznsiko
03-04-2006, 12:51 AM
okay.. ive checked the cap,, its seems fine and i dont have the owners manual.. lol... but when i purchased them.. the guy checked it up and said theyre the right ones.. so ill take his word for it.. i mean it seems to work fine.. other than the fact that the car seems slightly weaker..

but what do you guys suggest from here?

civiceg9
03-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Since u have increase the size of your leads from your standard 8mm to 9.5mm you may have some resistance lost of power due to bigger cables(normal physics law). You may need a more powerful coil pack in this case if you want to get maximum benefit and power out from you leads.

Does it happens through out the power band range?

h22a accord
04-04-2006, 11:26 AM
okay.. ive checked the cap,, its seems fine and i dont have the owners manual.. lol... but when i purchased them.. the guy checked it up and said theyre the right ones.. so ill take his word for it.. i mean it seems to work fine.. other than the fact that the car seems slightly weaker..

but what do you guys suggest from here?

replace your cap, rotor button and find out from Honda if the plugs are the right ones for your car.

simple really.

iamhappy46
05-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Thicker plugs have less resistance than normal leads...

I really think it is the Bosch Super 4's, I have had a lot of problems with these on many customers cars. Replaced them with NGK Iridiums and solved the power loss.

I would also replace the rotor button, cap and have the coil checked...

DC5TYPER
05-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I had Bosch Super 4's in my Civic Coupe. D16Y8 Motor. Worked a Dream!!! Car revs were smooth and redline approached faster and smoother.

:thumbsup: BOSCH :thumbsup: