PDA

View Full Version : New wheels scrape calliper - help

rokkuchan
01-04-2006, 02:53 AM
Hi,
got a new set of 17x7 wheels and they all fit perfect except one... my front left wheel scrapes the calliper but it doesnt on the right... it has like 1mm clearance on my f/right wheel... :|

what's going on??

should i get 3mm spacers??? I love these rims...

TypeR_DC5
01-04-2006, 08:05 AM
wow, did U check for the minimum offset requirement from the Honda handbook?

Jezzah
02-04-2006, 12:48 AM
im assuming the offset is at +40. i have 17x7 at +40 and it just touched the rims, so i got myself 3mm spacers and it was fine.

jazz_honda
04-04-2006, 11:24 AM
happend to me.....get some spacers

SiReal
04-04-2006, 11:32 AM
hmm..spacers a illegal and in the event of a crash, your insurance company will NOT insure you. So you take the risk of being uninsured in a crash whilst having rims which you really love. Also, ensure you use hub centric rings on your car (something so important that alot of people forget). With out then, you risk bolt failure, bolt bending and maybe even rim failure.

My advice, let these ones go. they are production rims and you will surely find another set floating around in due time. The fact that the left one doesnt fit vs the right one which does, clearly says something already about these wheels. Maybe the left one is warped? who knows.

^CarBoy^
04-04-2006, 06:14 PM
When I had my Sprint Harts I needed 3mm spacers for the front. As SiReal said it's true it's illegal to have spacers...

Now I got new rims Buddyclub with the perfect offset. no hitting, no rubbing... :)

rokkuchan
08-04-2006, 02:50 AM
what are hub centric rings???

hmm..spacers a illegal and in the event of a crash, your insurance company will NOT insure you. So you take the risk of being uninsured in a crash whilst having rims which you really love. Also, ensure you use hub centric rings on your car (something so important that alot of people forget). With out then, you risk bolt failure, bolt bending and maybe even rim failure.

My advice, let these ones go. they are production rims and you will surely find another set floating around in due time. The fact that the left one doesnt fit vs the right one which does, clearly says something already about these wheels. Maybe the left one is warped? who knows.

CTR Coupe
08-04-2006, 03:19 AM
My friends CRX had a similar issue. We grinded a bit of metal off the calliper to give it some clearance

08ESE
08-04-2006, 07:22 AM
happened to me too, i used spacers, but im going to grind the caliper down about 2mm to get clearance.

its not to do with offset, but the X FACTOR space in the back of the rim ( the design of where the mounting face, meets the rim )

08ESE
08-04-2006, 07:24 AM
also, watch the size of the spacers!!! my SPECO brand ones, if not 100% perfecrly centred will hit the caliper too!!!

^CarBoy^
08-04-2006, 11:21 AM
08ese: you are right aswell... some of the spoke designs of some rims are not perfect for the jazz. even if you have the perfect offset sometimes the angle of the spokes at the back of the rims makes gives a bit of a problem.

zco
08-04-2006, 11:25 AM
can u put hte spacer on the inside of hte hub. and extend the lugs ? that way. the insurance cant see the spacer??

Zdster
08-04-2006, 11:29 AM
My friends CRX had a similar issue. We grinded a bit of metal off the calliper to give it some clearance

I have seen/heard about this being done on quite a few cars.

^CarBoy^
08-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah... but the bad side of this is sometimes the caliper becomes weak.

destrukshn
08-04-2006, 11:25 PM
yes but if it's just a bit.. it won't matter much.

rokkuchan
09-04-2006, 09:15 PM
So who i go to that can sand of the part that scrapes the calliper???

Some one know anyone in adelaide??