PDA

View Full Version : Plz help which Honda to buy......

anfz
01-04-2006, 03:41 AM
Hey guys Ive got 15g's to spend max, which honda would you buy either a prelude,civic,integra i also dont want anything under 96 models and has to be automatic as I dunno manual and no more than about 120ks ? Opinions plz guys

Ive also been thinking would it be better to buy a prelude 97 Si or integra gsi or civic vtir remembering that its auto ? would the prelude be the fastest as it has the most kw's stock or not ?

Thanks again guys for your help

T-onedc2
01-04-2006, 07:04 AM
For 15k you'd be lucky to find a 96+ model vtec engined car with under 120,000 in good condition, add 1-2k more and there's plenty to choose from. If auto is important then either a GSi Integra or Si Prelude (both non-vtec) would be the way to go, as for performance they'd be similar, the Prelude 2.3 has more power and torque but is a heavier car. Test drive a few and decide for yourself.

:)

tRipitaka
01-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey guys Ive got 15g's to spend max, which honda would you buy either a prelude,civic,integra i also dont want anything under 96 models and has to be automatic as I dunno manual and no more than about 120ks ? Opinions plz guys

Ive also been thinking would it be better to buy a prelude 97 Si or integra gsi or civic vtir remembering that its auto ? would the prelude be the fastest as it has the most kw's stock or not ?

Thanks again guys for your help
unfortunately there's no such thing as an auto civic vtir, unless you buy an import from japan.. you can buy auto (tiptronic) prelude vtir's, but 15k might be tight..

imo if it has to be an auto, buy the prelude, as it's an excellent cruiser, while also having the power when u need it.. (considering you buy the lude vtir)

quangsta
01-04-2006, 09:44 AM
if you want dohc vtec the only automatic ones like T-onedc2 said are imported....the only ones ive seen is the 92-96 jdm preludes...if you want to find out which honda you can get in auto...go to carsales.com.au and just do a search on honda, auto, min yr if you want and max money if you want....or spend a couple hundred of that 15k you got and go learn manual =)

LUDA-3G
01-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Your best bet would be the Gen 4 Prelude Si... Some still have low kilometres, and most are automatics. But your budget is a bit low for something newer than 96 model and with low k's and good condition.

STTICH
01-04-2006, 10:27 AM
if u don mind the kws.. get the late model ek (ie 99-00 civic). wth 15g u can find a decent newish condition, its a fuel saver, looks great, and its not qute a slow car as well :)

and will still hav a little spare to spend on ur choice of mods too.

mrwillz
01-04-2006, 10:47 AM
yup wot kev sed

TheFranchise
01-04-2006, 12:33 PM
where abouts are you located anfz?

anfz
01-04-2006, 12:50 PM
thx guys for your help Im in Melbourne btw , Ive been looking and found some both integra gsi and prelude 97 Si for around the 15g's in auto, but ive heard about the prelude having some problems with the auto transmission would it be better than to get an auto integra due to that ? also say i was to learn man which one would than be the better outta the 3 cars in terms of performance stock ? once again thx

yourfather
01-04-2006, 01:58 PM
there's no point in getting the integra if you're going to get automatic. and there's not much point discussing stock vs stock performance if you're going to get automatic also.

as Kev said, probably look at getting an EK Civic. The F22 in the Prelude Si puts out 1 less kw than a Civic VTi-R and is 600cc's bigger.

Just learn to drive manual. Before I got my DC2 I'd never driven manual before. :D

zco
01-04-2006, 02:19 PM
yo udont know manualk. learnm. not hard

there was a ek4 green one. came out on carsales yesterday. 118k kms. 98 model. one owner. all log books. all services done on time at honda dealer. has all spare keys. has sound system, doesnt look like its been in accident before. all for a low price of 13.5k

its in sydney. if you're interested. fly up and look. you can possibly drive it back down !

z3lda
01-04-2006, 02:30 PM
get an automatic delsol. they come with vtec stanard. ;)

anfz
01-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Which outta the 3 cars hold their value best say if i want to sell it down the track ? so resale value is important to me as well ? Ive also decided to learn manual so now its between a integra Gsi ,prelude Si or a civic coupe Vti so which one would be the best buy ? thx again guys