PDA

View Full Version : jacking up lowered cars

mrwillz
01-04-2006, 09:47 AM
sa if i were to roll in my steelies
and i haf superlows on...
how do u guys go about jacking up lowered cars?
wot about extremely lowered cars?

put ur methods down!

STTICH
01-04-2006, 09:57 AM
standard boot jack, how much more lower can u go..hehe :thumbsup:

bennjamin
01-04-2006, 10:02 AM
get a nice low profile big jack liek i got :)

Or use those dodgy scissor jacks (which are very unsafe ! be careful)

LowEk
01-04-2006, 10:02 AM
why do you wanna jack it up for?? i dont mind rolling on my stockies makes my car even lower than what it is now.

STTICH
01-04-2006, 10:12 AM
get a nice low profile big jack liek i got :)

Or use those dodgy scissor jacks (which are very unsafe ! be careful)

how low are the low profile ben? :) looking for a low profile as well.

so far i only seen one tat fit, others cant really speeze in 10cm or lower cars easily.

boot jack seem alright to me. been changing my wheels every too often, and everytime is a x4 as one by one. been almost 2 years, and every 2 weeks or so.

mrwillz
01-04-2006, 10:15 AM
why do you wanna jack it up for?? i dont mind rolling on my stockies makes my car even lower than what it is now.

service the car 2...

LUDA-3G
01-04-2006, 10:15 AM
I use the scissor jack when im on the road. But when im at home in the garage i have proper trolley jack and that just fits under the front of my car.

newmski
01-04-2006, 11:45 AM
get my dad to lift the side of the car im jacking up...then slide the jack in :D
good on ya dad

bennjamin
01-04-2006, 12:02 PM
how low are the low profile ben? :) looking for a low profile as well.

so far i only seen one tat fit, others cant really speeze in 10cm or lower cars easily.

boot jack seem alright to me. been changing my wheels every too often, and everytime is a x4 as one by one. been almost 2 years, and every 2 weeks or so.

if u are serious and want a revalveable jack that should last for life ~ spend a decent amount of $$$
I got a alloy "race" jack , weights about 12kg and is rate at 1000kg. Its very low profile , about 7cm at its "lift"point. Cost about $280 and ive been using it heaps over the last year or so. You can get em at most decent race shops here in Sydney - NFI where in melbourne.

STTICH
01-04-2006, 12:14 PM
arr i see. thanks for tat ben :thumbsup: will keep a lookout, too bad aint all/most stores hav them here, hav been searching.

tho the standard jack has been doing it job ever since..im also well aware of its safetiness and very cautious for every jack ups (as most things will fail eventually) as long as u do it right, sits it tight, jack it up nice and slow, all should b well. but hell...hands are getting sore..time for a new jack :)

LowEk
01-04-2006, 12:38 PM
I use the scissor jack when im on the road. But when im at home in the garage i have proper trolley jack and that just fits under the front of my car.

a trolly jack does not fit under my car its to low i need to use my sissor jack then a trolly jack to jack my car up it becomes a pain in the a$$ every time i need to jack my car up.

Zdster
01-04-2006, 04:13 PM
STTICH - have you tried repco? I know that if they dont have one they can order one in.

On jacking the car up - while I have never jacked my car up using this method, I have heard of people laying down some timber, driving the car onto it providing the extra height needed to get a jack under it.

Zdster
01-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Just saw these two things:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Easy-Lift-Air-Jack_W0QQitemZ4625934764QQcategoryZ63697QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-3500-Kg-Low-ProfileTrolley-Jack-Like-Snap-On_W0QQitemZ4627005620QQcategoryZ32053QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

zco
01-04-2006, 04:34 PM
OMFG.

get 2 bricks. and put one right at the front of each wheel. and drive onto the bricks. then . it should be abit higher. then slide your jack under and jack it up

bungsai
01-04-2006, 05:18 PM
i can barely fit my low trolley jack under my car.

I usually drive up onto a few pieces of wood to get the jack under my car...

cant fit a normal honda jack under my car.

fatboyz39
02-04-2006, 09:25 AM
OMFG.

get 2 bricks. and put one right at the front of each wheel. and drive onto the bricks. then . it should be abit higher. then slide your jack under and jack it up

this is the best way goin about it.

stock jack doesn't even fit under the side of the car.

bumography
02-04-2006, 03:04 PM
nah bricks is quite tricky
make something out of mdf woof
and drive over the mdf
:)

aaronng
02-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Get ramps. Only about $30-40 for a pair.

Repco's proper jacks for jacking up the car costs $160, and must be ordered in. It's made to jack up the whole front or rear of the car, not just one side like the smaller trolley jacks.

Zdster
02-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Repco's proper jacks for jacking up the car costs $160, and must be ordered in. It's made to jack up the whole front or rear of the car, not just one side like the smaller trolley jacks.

Got any pics of this Aaronng?

driven
02-04-2006, 03:27 PM
i'm looking for a jack myself.
where abouts in sydney can i get a decent one?

is this $99 set any good?
http://www.repcoshop.com.au/ASP/Catalogue/CatalogueImages/CatImage_6.jpg

aaronng
02-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Got any pics of this Aaronng?
No pics of it. It's not in the Repco brochure. You have to ask the sales person there that you want a jack that can jack up the whole front of the car. i.e. 1 jack, 2 wheels. It's strong enough to jack up the front for you to put in 2 jackstands. But I think it's still too tall for a lowered car. I recommend the ramps.

aaronng
02-04-2006, 03:47 PM
i'm looking for a jack myself.
where abouts in sydney can i get a decent one?

is this $99 set any good?
http://www.repcoshop.com.au/ASP/Catalogue/CatalogueImages/CatImage_6.jpg
I got mine from Repco. ABout $55. It think it's the one in that catalogue, but I only got the jack alone and the normal pin-type jackstands for $30. It can only jack up one corner. No way you're going to be able to do the whole front. And you can't leave the car jacked up for a long duration. I actually noticed the car height coming down slightly after a while.

panda[cRx]
02-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Get ramps. Only about $30-40 for a pair.

ramps are terrible for lowered cars, even when my car was on stock springs i couldnt drive up ramps with my mugen front (not even a low bar like cyber2!)

aaronng
02-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Are bricks any better?

panda[cRx]
02-04-2006, 05:09 PM
well not bricks but i've used wood, and YES it was better ;)

e240
02-04-2006, 05:13 PM
if u are serious and want a revalveable jack that should last for life ~ spend a decent amount of $$$

I bought a cheap normal one from Auto-one, not too ex...after 10 years, I'm still using it. Never been serviced either ;)