PDA

View Full Version : HID Busted...

QuintessentiaLs
01-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Hey guys... I have BJ Union 6000K HID and one of my lights desides to stop working... Just wondering... If it's possible to put my H4's (normal lights) back in as a replacement and have it working??? Or do I need to take out the HID kit first???

bungsai
01-04-2006, 01:06 PM
you sure it is the kit?, just check you're wiring, make sure its all still in tact, and your fuses.

cheers

matt

QuintessentiaLs
01-04-2006, 01:09 PM
The light sparks... but doesn't light up. Like u see a flash but it doesn't turn on. So is it alright to put my H4 bulbs in without removin the HID kit???

ap
01-04-2006, 01:37 PM
same thing happen to me dude
it just sparks but doesnt light up..
in the end i took the bulb out to see the problem and the bulbs were cracked.

pretty sure you cant use the standard h4 bulbs without removing the hid kit and rewiring it to the standard harness etc

SiReal
01-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Theoretically you should not be able to. Or else you could just buy any HID bulb and plug it in the stock system - Why need a kit then? There must be something that gives teh HID bulb that extra power and that would porbably be the unit. My guess is that you would blow the stock H4 if you tried.

NvM
01-04-2006, 04:03 PM
yeah, i would tend to agree with SiReal... but i'm not totally sure...

yourfather
02-04-2006, 04:00 AM
if its BJUnion chase it up under warranty or something.

Boost
02-04-2006, 09:52 AM
if you can get a replacement hid bulb.. then u should be able to remove the busted one and connect it back up to the harness.
If you cant replace the single busted bulb.. then u have to remove the entire kit before you decide to plug back in the stock halohen H3. I would NOT recommend connect the H3 up to the hid harness unless you are willing to stuff your car up. The ignitor inside the ballast ( if its a built in ignitor) pumps out gosh i dont know around 40,000V. your H3 wont take this around of voltage.

Thats the diff. between quality hid and crap hid. You pay more $$$, you get
more.

How long have you had your kit for now?
If there is warranty on it still, i would suggest getting refund if possible. If not you can ask for a replacement bulb, but then the chances of the bubl busting again is pretty high and once warranty is over... youve got no one to turn to..

BRU51N
02-04-2006, 01:08 PM
if they flicker upon turning them on it means the bulb can be blown, or wiring isnt getting enuogh power though, i had this problem on my wrx. i ended up finding out that the power wire had a splice in it somehow, and it affected the way power flowed.

check bulb, and check wiring. if bulb is crack, then u'd need to replace it of course. then go from there, if its not cracked then i might be a good chance theres an issue with your wiring.. take everything out and double check if anything looks different.