PDA

View Full Version : TO MUCH NOISEEEEE!!!

HVtiR
22-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Hey peoplz

My ek4 hatch is setup to go pretty hard in the twistes, and around the track. It has hard suspension and this means a pretty hard ride. BEcause of this i get a lot of noise in my car, i want to some how make my ride inside a lil more comfy without changing suspension, or tyres. I basically want to make my ride inside not so loud, and also get ride of the rattles and shakes, i was thinking about sound deadening, but this will make my car a lil heavy, is there any other alternative. i am more wanting to get the rattles down, any ideas??? thanks

[[d a n n y]]
22-04-2004, 12:24 PM
interior is it?

if it is

try tighening the interior screws again..

they come loose after lot of thrashing

Breeze
22-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Lower tyre pressure while driving on the streets???

HVtiR
22-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Hmms, i did i suppose check all my screws and bolts, made a lil diff. umms how much tyre presure do u think i should have???

SPEEDCORE
22-04-2004, 03:16 PM
Hmms, i did i suppose check all my screws and bolts, made a lil diff. umms how much tyre presure do u think i should have???

How long is a piece of string? It all depends on what tyres you have.

eknine
22-04-2004, 03:24 PM
you have to focus on one or ther other...

else, put a few pillows under ur bum and buy a good sound system to drown the irritating rattles :)

but do check if u need to change the bushes to ur exhaust system, maybe the rattles is from there.

also choice of tyres will help-> some are less noisy than the others.
still its either street comfort or a track ride, u have to pick one or the other.

hope this help:)

Mitch M
22-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Sound deadening isn't too thick, but sound deadening practically your whole car will be a bit pricey for what it is ...

as someone else said, lower your tyre pressure and you will get a smoother / quieter ride ... pump them back up when you go for an OP run or something ... and tighten the screws as danny said

HVtiR
22-04-2004, 04:43 PM
Ok, i will take out the interior this weeekend, do you all this i should do something to the screws as so they can go is tighter, but also have say some cloth between the screw and the interior, and also the screw and the place it goes into.

My ehaust dosn't rattle just the interior, i mean it isn't like loud rattle, just i want my car to be a nice ride inside, comfy in the sense i can have the music down and still enjoy not having rattles. I have a good system at moment, i mean if it is pumpin hard, it is nice clean sound, and it drowns out any outside and inside sound.

what about filling up the gaps say in the back where to interior seems to rattle the most. using foam that i use in my sub box. enough of that should do it?? what do u think???

A'PEXi
22-04-2004, 05:01 PM
loud in what way ?? engine? road noise?? stero? hahaha

Mitch M
22-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Ok, i will take out the interior this weeekend, do you all this i should do something to the screws as so they can go is tighter, but also have say some cloth between the screw and the interior, and also the screw and the place it goes into.

My ehaust dosn't rattle just the interior, i mean it isn't like loud rattle, just i want my car to be a nice ride inside, comfy in the sense i can have the music down and still enjoy not having rattles. I have a good system at moment, i mean if it is pumpin hard, it is nice clean sound, and it drowns out any outside and inside sound.

what about filling up the gaps say in the back where to interior seems to rattle the most. using foam that i use in my sub box. enough of that should do it?? what do u think???

in fact i have the same problem. My back seat rattles ever since it was taken out to install my system. More of a squeak really!!

might tighten some sh*t up in the next couple of days

genesis
23-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Noise and squeeks from aftermarket suspension?.. hah live with it buddy. I do :S

CRXONE
23-04-2004, 11:38 AM
* Tighten screws throughout

* Buy sound deadening material (2-3mm thick)

* Always have your beats pumpn out, haha

Kit
23-04-2004, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't recommend running tyre pressures too low.
especially if you are running low profile tyres.
if its too soft and you hit a pothole, it can warp your rims.

Chris