PDA

View Full Version : 27mm front sway bar

b20b
02-04-2006, 03:32 PM
i have the adjustable whiteline rear sway bar on my dc2

What will the whiteline 27mm adj. front sway bar do to the handling of the car( i have the 24 mm at the moment)

|N|
02-04-2006, 03:36 PM
it ll help u reduce body roll more + more understeer + easier to rip off sub frame

b20b
02-04-2006, 04:23 PM
if so how do you reduce body roll and keep front end grip ....no understeer

it ll help u reduce body roll more + more understeer + easier to rip off sub frame

aaronng
02-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Thinner front sway, beefier rear sway, but make sure too stiff so you won't lose grip and slide. Put in strut tower bar with urethane bushings too.

b20b
02-04-2006, 04:48 PM
is the 27mm front bar to stiff
what is the correct set up to make this bar usefull

Thinner front sway, beefier rear sway, but make sure too stiff so you won't lose grip and slide. Put in strut tower bar with urethane bushings too.

aaronng
02-04-2006, 05:01 PM
A DC2R has a 24mm front sway and 14mm rear sway. I think 24mm is pretty good. If you want it to roll less, use a strut tower bar. And to overcome understeer and increase steering response, go for a thicker rear sway bar than what you have now (what rear sway thickness do you have now?).

Also, you'll need reinforcement as |N| said, you'll crack your subframe if your sway bars are too stiff. Easiest I can think for reinforcing the front end is the lower arm brace, while in the rear, it is the lower rear tie bar.

b20b
02-04-2006, 05:56 PM
dc2 already has strut tower bar (strut tower bar des not reduce roll , it keeps your steering geometry from changing from bodywork flex)
already have reinforcement on rear bar care of whiteline
last time i checked ( pretty sure ) all the honda range has lower arm brace ... look down under the intake manifold near the firewall is where the lower arm brace is.... it is black and easy to see when engine is out

stiil after a set up where a 27 mm front bar is use full over the 24mm standard

I have 22 mm adjustable whiteline rear bar on hardest setting

A DC2R has a 24mm front sway and 14mm rear sway. I think 24mm is pretty good. If you want it to roll less, use a strut tower bar. And to overcome understeer and increase steering response, go for a thicker rear sway bar than what you have now (what rear sway thickness do you have now?).

Also, you'll need reinforcement as |N| said, you'll crack your subframe if your sway bars are too stiff. Easiest I can think for reinforcing the front end is the lower arm brace, while in the rear, it is the lower rear tie bar.

spetz
02-04-2006, 07:21 PM
aarong, surely a DC2R uses a thicker rear swaybar than just 24mm?

aaronng
02-04-2006, 11:14 PM
aarong, surely a DC2R uses a thicker rear swaybar than just 24mm?
Front is 24mm, rear is even thinner at 14mm!

Info I got from the Integra forum.

dc2 already has strut tower bar (strut tower bar des not reduce roll , it keeps your steering geometry from changing from bodywork flex)
already have reinforcement on rear bar care of whiteline
last time i checked ( pretty sure ) all the honda range has lower arm brace ... look down under the intake manifold near the firewall is where the lower arm brace is.... it is black and easy to see when engine is out

stiil after a set up where a 27 mm front bar is use full over the 24mm standard

I have 22 mm adjustable whiteline rear bar on hardest setting
Accords are cheapass Hondas then.. no front lower arm brace stock!

If your rear is 22mm, then I reckon 27mm front shouldn't induce too much understeer. Why are you going for a thicker front?

BlitZ
02-04-2006, 11:39 PM
dc2r does not come with 14mm rear sway bar..
its 22mm(audm) and 96-98 23mm.

dont believe all you read.

the em1 comes with a 26mm front and 13mm rear as std.

i dont think youll notice much difference from 24-27 for the investment.. might only make little difference as its already quiet big

aaronng
02-04-2006, 11:49 PM
dc2r does not come with 14mm rear sway bar..
its 22mm(audm) and 96-98 23mm.

dont believe all you read.

the em1 comes with a 26mm front and 13mm rear as std.

HOLY TYPO! I read the swaybar size for the VTiR, not Type R... my mistake.

spetz
03-04-2006, 12:46 AM
SOrry when I said 24mm I meant 14mm, I did a typo as well

In a DC2R then, does a 24mm front swaybar get the inside tyre to lift too much? ie bad traction through corners?

And EM1 is a VTi-R EK Coupe? 26mm is massive isn't it???