PDA

View Full Version : removing steering wheel

newmski
03-04-2006, 10:34 AM
ok this seems like the most appropriate place to make this thread
basically im trying to removing my steering wheel (non-srs) from my eg.
ive takent eh center cap off the s-wheel now im trying to remove the bolt holding the wheel in place. question is its on f-ing tight and i cant get it off.
should i just remove the keys from the ignition and "lock the wheel" then try?
i just dont wanna snap something:confused:

Geo
03-04-2006, 11:52 AM
try using the cross brace tool thingy that you use to loosen your wheel nuts to get it off, should work.

NeRV
03-04-2006, 12:33 PM
why dont you just take it to your local honda dealer and get them to put in your new steering wheel for you?... mine was free... all i did was went there and said that i got a steering wheel to be put in but i dont have the right tools for it.. and they just quickly got a mech and put in my new steering wheel.

bennjamin
03-04-2006, 02:15 PM
omg this has been covered.

use a flathead screwdriver to pry off the honda badge at the centre , then use a cross brace or similar ot undo the big nut (19or21mm?) and slide the thing off y0.

incoming
03-04-2006, 02:17 PM
just to add to chuck norris
i'd have the steering wheel locked as well
makes it easier

newmski
03-04-2006, 03:08 PM
omg this has been covered.

use a flathead screwdriver to pry off the honda badge at the centre , then use a cross brace or similar ot undo the big nut (19or21mm?) and slide the thing off y0.

if u actually read my post i was enquiring to wether i should just put the wheel on lock otherwise its kinda hard to undo the nut...
anyway i got it eventualy (good work gym membership)
i was doing it to see why my horn wasnt working...turns out it was the actual speaker in the bumper. got a new one now..it sound girly :(