PDA

View Full Version : [EURO] Multi-Information Display on 06 Models

djcloud
03-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Just wondering if any of you guys who owns the 2006 model can tell me if you have all the settings available in the menu when you go to 'CHG Settings' - page 106 in car manual.

Apparently I don't seem to have the 'Pre-Running Car Detect Beep' and the 'ACC Display Speed Unit' I thought I saw these when I first picked up my car. Not sure about it now. Can someone check to see if they have these 2 options in their Multi-Information Display settings? Not sure if these are suppose to be in our aussie versions or not. thanks.

EuroDude
03-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I was wandering that too when I was reading the manual. But that manual caters for all countries that have the Euro (Japan, Canada, Aus, Europe).

I'm pretty sure that the AUDM Euro is missing those two features - well I dont see them in my MID thats for sure...

jamchen
03-04-2006, 03:46 PM
there are more than two features been missed out in AUDM euros...
check all other detective safety stuffs in other pages of the menu..:D

djcloud
03-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. It sucks how all the good stuff has been taken out :mad:

By the way, how often does your 'Average speed' update in your Multi-Information Display? Everything else for me seems to be working fine except for the stupid average speed, always showing 34km/hr even when I'm down the eastern fwy going at 100-110km/hr, doesn't seem to be moving at all :eek: Only time I notice it moves is when I fill up to the top, then it slowly climbs to 40, 50, 60, then after a while, sits on 30ish range. I've already notified the dealer about this, I've told them I'm gonna monitor it til I hit 10,000km (pretty soon anyways lol) if nothing improves, I'll definitely get them to fix this.

EuroDude
03-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Mine has been stuck on 22km since day one - even after travelling at 100km on the freeway for 30minutes a day, and even after resetting it :eek:

Something is not right with that feature.

djcloud
03-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Wow, yours has been stuck on 22km/hr since day one? :eek: I still remember mine actually worked the day I picked it up and it actually showed 100km/hr when I actually went 100km/hr+ constantly. After I had my first service, it seemed it just decided to not to work like it once did.

Have you spoken to your dealer about this though? I think they should fix this for us otherwise it really defeats the purpose of having that function there.

EuroDude
03-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I havent spoken to them, but I think they can't do anything about it unless Honda release a new flash or fix.

djcloud
03-04-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm hoping Honda will have a new firmware update that'll fix this problem too. I know the dealers can't do much about it til they have more information from Honda Australia. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long to have this fix :thumbsup:

Tobster
04-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Remember that if you go from 0 km/h to 60 km/h, you average speed is actually 30 km/h. The display may not be as inaccurate as you think.

You can reset all the computer info -- I think you need to hold down the dash illumination button? Try resetting everything, and see what you get...

EuroDude
04-04-2006, 09:44 AM
you hold down the Reset/Sel button for 2 seconds to reset it.

I think the problem is that the average speed is calculated over a very long period, maybe it averages it every 100km. If it was changed to every 25km or 50km then the avg speed would appear more accurate or more "alive" as it were...

ps.Mine has actually gone up to 24km today.

djcloud
04-04-2006, 10:05 AM
I always reset everything each time I fill up. One thing that I don't understand is the time interval for it to update (ie. every 5mins, 10mins or 30mins), I'm asking because last time I drove from Melb - Geelong and travelling 100-110km/hr for over an hour but the average speed still showed around the 30ish mark. Now, either the time interval for it to update is very long or something's not right. I still remember the first day I picked up my car and it was updating pretty much within 5mins. Unfortunately, that don't happen anymore.

Tobster
04-04-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm fairly sure that the average speed is actually calculated just on that trip, i.e., from when you start the car -- it's not a running total. If you've set it to only update every 30 minutes and aren't travelling for 30 minutes, then the readout is probably never being updated.

The Reset/Sel tag just resets the trip meters -- there's another way to reset the whole computer which I think involves holding in the dash illumination button (but I'd have to check).

djcloud
04-04-2006, 02:22 PM
As far as I know, there is no option to set the time interval at all, it's not in the car manual also. I've checked the settings, and nothing is there for us to control the time interval for it to update.

Holding down the reset button on the dash is almost the same as holding down the SEL/RESET button on the steering wheel, it just resets trip A (if you are currently Trip A) or trip B (if you are currently on Trip B). Only thing I can think of is to reset the ECU? or pray that there is some kind of fix for this. I dunno, maybe I'll leave it for Honda to do when I go in for a 10,000km service.

What does yours show when you go on a freeway for more than an 1hr+?

Tobster
04-04-2006, 05:18 PM
I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary -- but then I tend to watch the instantaneous fuel consumption or the average fuel consumption rather than the average speed. I'll have a look...

zuiko
04-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I don't know if I'd complain about the average speed. My reading gets up to 56 km or so but I'm driving at 110 km/h on the freeway for half my journey.

The beauty of it is that if you are ever pulled over then you could show the officer the time you've been driving and the average speed and you know the story - computers don't lie so they may be lenient.

YouRow
04-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Agreed the average speed doesn't move at all, mine's at 28kph and steady. The distance to empty feature is not very accurate either. It seems to be ok for 3/4 of a tank but after that it drops rapidly, like you travel 1km but the distance to empty drops by 5km.

djcloud
04-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Distance to empty seems to work fine for me. One thing I've notice is that it depends what figure your L/100km is that will most likely determine your distance to empty. Say for instance, you start/stop inconsistently, and you get a reading of say 11L/100km, that will obviously give you a lower figure for the 'distance to empty' than if you were going at 10.0L/100km which you will end up with a higher distance to empty. I always monitor my L/100km and Distance to Empty and notice it does affect how many kilometres you got left before going empty. So all in all, it doesn't really matter if you are going 1km or 5km, it all depends on how efficient you are running the car. However, I do notice it does take some time for the 'Distance to Empty' to recalculate, so don't expect it to change within 1km.

I'm currently getting a constant reading anywhere from 9.8L/100km to about 10.2L/100km. Highest I ever got was when i was using some shitty fuel and i was getting a whopping 11.4L/100km :thumbdwn:

YouRow
04-04-2006, 08:59 PM
I have the mathematical concept down just fine thanks...

Obviously the more fuel you are using then the less distance you can travel...

What I was refering to is when I am travelling at a constant (or close enough) speed, without stopping, I will be using less than or again, close to my average l/100km. Therefore the distance to empty should at the very least be reducing on par with the distance I travel (with some safety margin I'd assume). This is particularly so if my average fuel consumption is static throughout the tankful.

Perhaps the whole system is flawed? But definitely mine updates quite regularly, and the distance to empty reduces quite markedly versus distance actually travelled.

djcloud
04-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Given that you said you were travelling at a constant speed with a static L/100km for that particular trip, then yes, it should be on par with the actual distance you have travelled. My 'distance to empty' does reduce on par with the actual distance travelled.

I guess the multi-information display feature in the 06 model is not as perfect as we all want it to be. I think we should all address this to Honda so that they can at least release a fix or something. One thing for certain is that our 'average speed' don't really seem to be working as it should be. I will definitely get them to rectify this without a doubt :thumbsup:

eurorocks
03-10-2006, 10:14 PM
I recently purchased a Euro luxury model and wanted to know whether anyone can see the 'speed alarm' option in the set up menu of the multi information display. I can't see it and all I get is 4 choices compared to 5 shown in the manual.

Honda doesn't it even mention 'for some other types' in this section. I was thrilled to see 'speed alarm' when reading the manual and was really disappointed not seeing it in the car! Same goes for the one button to bring in the side mirrors. Why can't they just make a specific euro manual, it sucks seeing all the fancy features and not finding it in the Euro.

BTW I think the options mentioned by DJcloud is for adaptive cruise control (cool feature) which is not present on our Euro as we don't even have the ACC button on the steering wheel.

Thanks.

aaronng
03-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Adaptive cruise control is for JDM Accords. Same for the speed alarm.

BusterSonic12
05-10-2006, 10:04 AM
mine's like 33km/h, and i never seen it change :(
we should get speed alarm, damn useful for people like me *red p* :P

sports06
05-10-2006, 10:26 AM
dont forget the speed monitor also adds into the fact that you might be sitting at lights for a while, so if yuor sitting at 0km's for 2mins, then driving at 70km, average is down to 35km, but i think ur all right, it must take a certain amount of time to update, i think mine sits around 38 - 40km mark

tony1234
05-10-2006, 10:02 PM
dont forget the speed monitor also adds into the fact that you might be sitting at lights for a while, so if yuor sitting at 0km's for 2mins, then driving at 70km, average is down to 35km, but i think ur all right, it must take a certain amount of time to update, i think mine sits around 38 - 40km mark
Mine's gone as high as 56ks!

jamchen
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Mine's gone as high as 56ks!
u must be on highways all the time... or u always run a tad over the speed limit!!!:P:P

tony1234
06-10-2006, 06:27 AM
u must be on highways all the time... or u always run a tad over the speed limit!!!:P:P
Not really.Average is around 37ks to 43ks around town.I had 56ks when i went down to south coast once(lots of freeway driving).