PDA

View Full Version : pwr windows in a ek1

Andw0o
03-04-2006, 09:55 PM
ok soo my sisters got the cxi and im just wondering how to get her windows to become pooowwweeerrreeed ahhaah
i asked if this could b done and chuck told me it can be, now im just wondering how id go abt getting my hands on the aftermarket kit, and installation, is it a easy DIY job or am i gonna need a pro. to install it and wats the going price on this?
cheers all

SiReal
03-04-2006, 09:57 PM
pm Zdster. Hes done it before. from memory, he said it was an absolute b1tch. but dont quote me.

Zdster
03-04-2006, 10:01 PM
pm Zdster. Hes done it before. from memory, he said it was an absolute b1tch. but dont quote me.

:D It depends how 'hands on' you want to be.

There are two ways to go about doing it.

Get a power window aftermarket kit
Get the parts from your wrecker and start searching the web for how to install.
Hope that helps :). Let me know if you need/want more details.

mrwillz
03-04-2006, 10:02 PM
on cxi its not exactly plug n play as in the GLi ek wud b (eg. like myn , had no powered windows)
thats y its a biaaartch

Zdster
03-04-2006, 10:05 PM
on cxi its not exactly plug n play as in the GLi ek wud b (eg. like myn , had no powered windows)
thats y its a biaaartch

We can install one in yours mrwillz - just let me know ;).

[ricer]
03-04-2006, 10:07 PM
thats y its a biaaartch

didnt ur gli have power windows? thats wierd
does it have rear discs?

id probably search wreckers for door trims motors and that off another ek... then just do some wiring... would look much neater then aftermarket...

Andw0o
03-04-2006, 10:11 PM
hahaha thanks guys =]
just wondering how much are we looking at here?
and how 'b1tchy' was it? heeheh from wat it sounds like its gonna take lots of hands on which i dont mind, but Zdster was it really worth the effort?

mrwillz
03-04-2006, 10:14 PM
surely worth it
i hate leaning over to open/close passenger window argh
ricer: yes i do haf rear disc along wif the extra air bag and power mirrors
i guess it was a option chosen by the first owners not to haf power windows :s

later on the track i will get power windwos.

Zdster
04-04-2006, 04:24 AM
It will probably only cost you under $500 from a good wrecker and then probably a day or two and some wiring. It is not that difficult a procedure (you only really need to run 3 or 4 wires) but getting the wires from the door to the body needs a bit of work.