PDA

View Full Version : accelerator problem

sam
03-04-2006, 11:17 PM
i have just had my ZC installed and i have had a few dodgy problems with it, like gearbox leaking oil, bad wiring job (its a fkn mess) and the worst problem is when im driving hard my accelerator gets stuck on and it gets stuck for about 30 secs redlining. The first time it happened i opened the bonnet straight after and fuel was pissing out of the fuel regulator, which had come loose, so since then i have replaced the regulator and it happened again not too long after.

If anyone has had this sort of problem or could give me some advise it would be much appreciated.

NeRV
03-04-2006, 11:29 PM
where did you get this install done?? why dont you just go back to them and complain... and tell them to sort things out, since you paid for it.

sam
03-04-2006, 11:46 PM
i actually have already gone back to complain, im not going to drop names and it wasnt garageR, im planning to go back in again, but if anyone can tell me what they think the problem so i can go in there with some idea of what i am talking about so i dont look like a fool

ECU-MAN
04-04-2006, 09:12 AM
fuel pressure regulator came loose ???

isnt that just held on with two 10mm bolts, use thread bond.
are you talking about the end of the rail where it comes from the fuel filter, you will have to change the crush washers with the correct Honda ones

as for the gearbox oil leaks, could be the drive shaft seal. speedo pickup, drain bolt, filler bolt. or simply the housing.

crx88rb
04-04-2006, 07:02 PM
i too have the same problem guys. but just something extra that im not sure happens to sam or not. it seems to do a lot better at night then the day? if this helps...

sam
04-04-2006, 08:28 PM
nope this is a different problem pat, my other revving problem is fixed, i replaced the fuel regualtor and that seemed to work.

crx88rb
04-04-2006, 09:31 PM
sorry, lost the story, i dont think mine is this bad, nothing pisses out of mine and it doesn't sit at redline

iamhappy46
05-04-2006, 11:18 AM
The throttle sticking at WOT is the accelerator cable getting a kink in it. My Civic used to do that after the swap but I moved the cable around and fixed it.

sam
05-04-2006, 03:48 PM
hmm ill have to check that, thanks

SINISTR
05-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Pat - your problem could also be regulator related...

Sam... sounds like a sticky throttle cable for sure.. I thought that was all linked with the regulator...

bennjamin
05-04-2006, 04:55 PM
also try this - take off intake pipe , and spray abit of carb cleaner into the throttle body (with the butterfly open) and give it a good scrub with a old toothbrush ~ aroudnt he edges of the butterfly too.
Might help you out as gunk can generate there.

crx88rb
05-04-2006, 06:32 PM
i know my cable is a lil bit frayed so maybe that could be the problem too, will take it to the shop once it comes out of the other shop :p