PDA

View Full Version : twin loop muffler on dc2r??

b18c7dc2
04-04-2006, 05:02 PM
hey, can anyone tell me with their experiance how a twin loop x-force muffler felt like on a dc2r? How is it like compared to stock? is it worth geting?

I'm after a muffler, but i don't want it to be too loud.

Would the twin loop flow better than stock? its got 2.5" inlet btw.

[ricer]
04-04-2006, 05:38 PM
just leave ur muffler man
my mate bought a dc2 with a xforce muffler on it and straight swapped it back to a stock muffler...

the stock itr muffler flows pretty well and is silent

T-onedc2
04-04-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm starting to sound like a broken record but I highly recommend the Spoon Street Silencer axle-back muffler. It does away with the boring stock "airy" sound and adds a quiet tone up to 3000rpm then turns virtually silent which is perfect for me. Bought from JDMYard.
Copy the sound file link in "my car specs" to your browser to hear it! :D

b18c7dc2
04-04-2006, 08:47 PM
are sure about keeping stock man? i like the stock one and all, but need to hear a bit of anger when i pump it... i'm just scared the twin loop muffler will be mroe restrictive than the stock!

VTECACCORD
04-04-2006, 09:19 PM
dont get an x force twinloop get the mugen twinloop

I have one mated to a stock B pipe and it sounds mean, but at idle its pretty quiet.

I may be getting rid of it soon to go with something louder though

b18c7dc2
05-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Anyone with any more opinions???? This guy is selling me his x-force twin loop that will bolt on to my dc2r stock system axel back for $100.. SHOULD I GET IT??????????????????

chai
05-04-2006, 02:28 PM
the only reason i put an xforce twin loop on my dc2r is because when i bought my dc2r it came with a loud exhaust and got alot of attention from cops etc etc. in my opinion the x force twin loop is quiet. but i wouldnt know how to compare it to stock but everyone else says its a bit louder than stock. i rekon u should stick to the stock muffler i dont think theres any point getting the twin loop. i rekon its ugly as well.
thats my opinion anyway.

Iwishiwasa Type R
15-05-2006, 12:14 AM
does a twin loop actually lose power?.. regardless of brand

tRipitaka
15-05-2006, 12:15 AM
does a twin loop actually lose power?.. regardless of brand
i don't think mugen would produce a performance part that'll lose power ;)

spoondc2
15-05-2006, 01:25 AM
i don't think mugen would produce a performance part that'll lose power ;)

Not losing power, just not producing most power

Iwishiwasa Type R
15-05-2006, 01:18 PM
oh ok...makes sense...

dsp26
15-05-2006, 10:29 PM
stick to facts fellas...

twin loops are essentially straight throughs that have the exhaust go in twice in the one barrel which is actually seperated inside for twice the muffling effect hence twin loop. if it wasn't actually seperated then the loop would do either nothing or create more backpressure.

oh yeah... they don't lose power..... it's just a quiet version of a cannon and is 100% legal as it doesn't have a removable silencer

civic_mods
11-06-2006, 09:26 AM
i want to get one too~
i know mugen is good in performance gain,but the price is pretty good too.....:(

Limbo
14-06-2006, 11:15 PM
i got the xforce one its pretty good, still has abit of noise, its not as quiet as the mugen one, but you get what you pay for.

You will always make less power with a quiet exhaust