PDA

View Full Version : Jazz clunk when braking hard

claymore
04-04-2006, 06:09 PM

MRFIT
04-04-2006, 07:40 PM
oh my god..... i thought i was the only one who has this problem..... !!!

thanks claymore...... that noise has been driving me crazy for about a month now..... and i couldn't locate the source......

when you say the bolt holds the rear 1/2 of the "A" frame..... i'm lost.... if you dont' mind, r u able to take a pic../? i understand it hard to get the pic, or a little bit more info about this "A" frame would be great...... thanks in advance.....!!!

asiansquad
04-04-2006, 08:13 PM
i thought thats how the jazz was supposed to be?
i've had it for a long time now..lol

MRFIT
05-04-2006, 07:08 PM
a million thanks claymore..... i'll try to fix it this weekend.....

STTICH
06-04-2006, 01:50 PM
excellent find claymore :thumbsup: . the 'thumb' sound seems to b coming out of nowhere.

hav located the bolt as guided by the pic u posted, but the bolt seems to b dead tight, so i guess it isnt solving the problem for me. damn :confused:

Tony
06-04-2006, 04:05 PM
I have the same problem too. Mine was caused by a loose bolt on the Spoon lower arm bar, they come loose very easily, they come loose almost everytime I check it.

I also have similar noise problem when I broke the front wheel bearing.

STTICH
06-04-2006, 06:37 PM
interesting too tony... do u remember which way is the bolt screwed in for the lower arm bar? from the front or from the rear?

will giv it another check soon.

TypeR_DC5
07-04-2006, 08:32 AM
hey guyz, I have this problem too after having a hardbrake during the accident (my friend hit my back while I was fully steping the brake hardly), after that I can hear noise ( clunk sound) everytime I brake the car, not just hard brake, sometimes I can even hear it during slow brake. I sent my car to service as well as asking them about the problem. I suspected that it could be the loosen bolts and nuts, and it could be front HUB bearing problem coz my friends (mechanic as well) told me that my front bearing is worn out and need to get it replaced.
Honda dealer told me that the front bearing needs to replace, however, the clunk sound is not caused by any loosen bolts and nuts, it's because Im using Endless brake pad which are not genuine to Jazz~~:(~ they said that the size of Endless is slightly smaller than genuine one, so he said everytime I step the brake I will hear the first "clunk" noise.
Nevertheless, I will try to tighten up the bolt and see if it is the main problem or not~:)~~

Zimp13
09-04-2006, 02:09 AM
hey guyz, I have this problem too after having a hardbrake during the accident (my friend hit my back while I was fully steping the brake hardly), after that I can hear noise ( clunk sound) everytime I brake the car, not just hard brake, sometimes I can even hear it during slow brake. I sent my car to service as well as asking them about the problem. I suspected that it could be the loosen bolts and nuts, and it could be front HUB bearing problem coz my friends (mechanic as well) told me that my front bearing is worn out and need to get it replaced.
Honda dealer told me that the front bearing needs to replace, however, the clunk sound is not caused by any loosen bolts and nuts, it's because Im using Endless brake pad which are not genuine to Jazz~~:(~ they said that the size of Endless is slightly smaller than genuine one, so he said everytime I step the brake I will hear the first "clunk" noise.
Nevertheless, I will try to tighten up the bolt and see if it is the main problem or not~:)~~

brake pad??? thats so doesnt make sense..... :eek:

^CarBoy^
09-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Guys i haven't had any clunking sound??? I hope this don't arise soon in my Jazz... I keep listening to a cluncking sound but nothing.. trying really hard.. ehhehehe :)

I had a rattling sound around the dashboard area passenger side before, but i found the problem and it was a loose Strut brace bolt :) nothing now...

Tony
09-04-2006, 11:52 PM
interesting too tony... do u remember which way is the bolt screwed in for the lower arm bar? from the front or from the rear?

will giv it another check soon.

Sorry I can't really remember, my Jazz was sold for almost 6 months :p I think it is from the front but I'm not 100% sure..

MRFIT
10-04-2006, 07:52 PM
I tighten the bolts over the weekend, and the noise is gone.... *touch wood*...

i think my H bar is contributing to the problem too...... :)
thanks claymore...

MRFIT
11-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Word!!! :d

ouch
31-05-2011, 12:56 AM
BOYS im bringing this thread back up. ive notived a lot of the older threads are just "...." for the first comment and well, its practically useless. can someone help me out here? i get the clunk too at times when i brake.

ouch
26-07-2011, 07:23 PM
oi anywho, when im creeping forward at say 5-10km and break slightly, the breaks feel 'clunky' (i cant really find a word to describe it) like a plonking sound almost? and it kinda feels like ABS kicks in you know? but at turtle speeds.

anyone know whats going on?

GU357
27-07-2011, 12:43 AM
making ur brakes need to be set again or something.

whats with these ppl deleting their helpfull posts.
so selfish! xD