PDA

View Full Version : DVD Headunits

Stoosh
04-04-2006, 07:22 PM
hey, i was wondering if anybody with a dc2/4 has put a DVD screen headunit in there teg, does the screen hit the faceplate above it as it sticks out further from where the headunit is?

do you get what i mean? lol

Slow96GSR
05-04-2006, 04:31 AM
I tried and had to make a custom bezel. Mine hit but I know some come out more than others. It's the tilt and angle that I didn't like. I couldn't get it to tile back enough to see it well. I might still have the bezel but I sold the H.U. a while ago. If you want one I can make one up quick. Might even have some already made down there. Scosche might have some now.

stanleym
05-04-2006, 06:37 AM
if u take out cig lighter it will fit no probs but u wont be able to put it up when car in neutral of in 1st or third as said above u wont be able to tilt back

either get a double din inbuilt dvd screen like the kenwood or as i just bought the kd-avx1 they got the avx2 coming out very soon and u can have a video out line for another screen that u can stick where u choose

this sorta been covered before

DC5TYPER
05-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Kenwood KVT747DV Unit is mad. I had one im the civic coupe. You can digitally adjust angle and slide. You can slide the unit to be more flush or slide it out to stick out more and then angle it again. Had memory so it goes back to your favourite setting. :thumbsup: Kenwood :thumbsup:

ICACHA
05-04-2006, 10:57 PM
speak to TEGBOY who is on here, i know hes got an integra, but not sure if its the same as yours

quangsta
10-04-2006, 11:31 AM
yup kenwood has a good systems as above...also look at the double din systems, the screen doesnt come out and at all and u can tilt it quite abit....bad thing though is its always showing so maybe get super tint windows =)....oh yer and another thing it 'may', not sure about this, but hit ur gear knob when changing cd/dvds so u can either put it in neutral or be safe and put it in 2,4 or R or you can take ur gear knob off ;)

chicken8
10-04-2006, 12:35 PM
JVC KD-AVX1 is da bomb

after having it for 4months u realise that a dvd player in ur car is useless

very rarely do u use it. its mainly for passenger. u're not gunna be watching a dvd and driving

and its too much of a bother to burn music videos all the time

thats what i found. i just use the giga mp3 function

vtc
10-04-2006, 01:29 PM
thats why you try and find a double din with sat nav.. even if you knw where your going its always cool to have a co-pilot. makes u feel like a rally driver. hehe