PDA

View Full Version : Little Mods - What to do?

high-integra-ty
04-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey there,

I just got my Integra. Iam excited. :) Iam looking for some cheap little mods that will add some more power under the accelerator. :) Iam still not sure what to do yet, as Iam planning some major mods. Either a complete engine overhaul or a turbo system. But right now, Iam looking for something that is cheap, and will add some power.

Air Filters, Lighter Rims stuff like that. I dont want to put in a new Cat-back zorst, as I might upgrade with the major mods, so I dont want to waste money.

Any ideas? Iam sorry if this sounds noob.

locote
04-04-2006, 10:51 PM
You forgot to metion its auto.
get a SRI with a descent pod
a descent header
Highflow cat
with the auto id think u will wanna go 2.25' exhaust max, my GF has a auto teg and it suffers badly from low RPM sluggishness.

Im not realy sure how the auto ECU responds.
theres others in the forum that might know a little more ( mayor mods and auto dont mix, from what i have gathered in my time here)

mugeneration
04-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Not too much you can do with a little amount of money. Try some good spark plugs and ignition leads. If you're planning on putting a big sound system in later, get an optima yellow top battery. You could get a sway bar, or some coilovers? It really depends what direction you want to take.

Or you could try weight reduction, its free, just take out your spare tyre and any other stuff you wont use lol.

Usual Suspect
04-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Well if you are seriosuly planning to do some major work on your engine, i wouldnt do anything to the car other than give her a good service, put in some decent sparks and some good ignition leads and put something like a K&N drop in panel filter in the airbox. You probably wont really notice anything, and in reality it probably wont do that much, but until u decide where you really wanna go with your car, leave it stock engine and drive train wise and possibly just put a decent stereo in or get some body modifications done.

[ricer]
04-04-2006, 11:32 PM
get red honda badges bro! :D
i think just wack a pod on it
sounds cool when u got ur foot down
then later on u can just sell it or bolt it on to ur new motor!

z3lda
05-04-2006, 12:01 AM
strip everything u can from ur car.
your car will accelerate faster.

high-integra-ty
06-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Haha thanks. How much sounds deafening (I think thats what its called) stuff is in a Integra? I know in my old Silvia, it used to be around 12 Kgs or something. I suppose that will do something... :)

']get red honda badges bro! :D
Lol. I heard it adds 230 rwkw... at the cam gears.

egSi
25-04-2006, 09:25 PM
weight reduction and decent suspension will go a long way

panda[cRx]
25-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I/H/E

sussy

weight reduction

better tires

Q_ball
25-04-2006, 09:35 PM
BANG FOR BUCKS THREAD in the Integra forum is your friend! :)
Read it!

Zdster
25-04-2006, 10:28 PM
BANG FOR BUCKS THREAD in the Integra forum is your friend! :)
Read it!

:thumbsup:

If you are planning on future overhauls, I would be more focused on exterior parts, as for the most part they wont/shouldnt change if you update engines etc. Maybe a front/rear lip or update the front. Just some thoughts.

integral90
25-04-2006, 11:09 PM
do suspension mods, lighter rims and save up for a b18cr :thumbsup:

Nuttz
26-04-2006, 07:31 PM
yeah if you plan to turbo.. then exhaust and intake is going to be scraped for new ones anyways.

You should get either suspension, or some bling :)

rakfint
27-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I removed the whole standard air intake system that runs into the airbox (filter). I thought there was just a simple 'U' pipe running from the bottom of the airbox to the side of the engine bay, but there is actually a big white air box/circulation system underneath. removed it all and now it sounds crazi cool under acceleration!