PDA

View Full Version : buddy club racing spec dampers

rated_r
05-04-2006, 11:15 AM
hey guys i just wanted you to know i just installed a set of buddy club racing spec dampers into my dc2r and they are fantastic stiff ride but corners like a dream

i would highly recomend these to anyone that is serious about suspension setup

heres the link

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/menu.html

cheers

Muzz
09-04-2006, 03:31 PM
nice one man.
Just a few quick questions
How much did u pay and where from?
Are there people in aust that can service them?

SLOWEGG
10-04-2006, 01:34 AM
EG5 from JDMYard sell buddyclub coilovers.

Muzz
10-04-2006, 04:03 PM
cheers man

Muzz
10-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Anyone at all with buddyclub coilovers please, where do you go to get them serviced?
do they need servicing?
any other companies that would do it for me?

SLOWEGG
10-04-2006, 11:18 PM
You can just send them back to buddyclub to get them serviced or try asking fulcrum.

cdpfxz
18-04-2006, 05:00 PM
trav from underground imports on here sells buddy club now too!

nic :thumbsup:

aozora
19-04-2006, 03:59 AM
*another plug*
On the run motorsports will also be able to get them in if you want to compare prices :p
www.ontherunmotorsports.com

JasonGilholme
19-04-2006, 05:45 AM
I'll be looking at gettins some as well soon. What spec did you get N+, K+??? How did you wear them in?? And most importantly where can you get them serviced if need be??

Thanks

Jase

elim
19-04-2006, 09:00 PM
rated r: can you post some pics up ?

thx

mighty_mouse
28-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey guys I was looking at buying some N+ here in Sydney

The cheapest quote I've received so far is $1850 from about 3 or 4 places.

Does anyone reckon I could get a better deal for these?

EDIT: By the way these are for my DC5R

bennjamin
28-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Hey guys I was looking at buying some N+ here in Sydney

The cheapest quote I've received so far is $1850 from about 3 or 4 places.

Does anyone reckon I could get a better deal for these?

pm "EG5" (yonas) as he sells for a good price in Sydney

mighty_mouse
28-04-2006, 12:54 PM
pm "EG5" (yonas) as he sells for a good price in Sydney

:thumbsup:

Thanks mate.

Will do.

VTECfreak
28-04-2006, 01:21 PM
hey guys i just wanted you to know i just installed a set of buddy club racing spec dampers into my dc2r and they are fantastic stiff ride but corners like a dream

i would highly recomend these to anyone that is serious about suspension setup

heres the link

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/menu.html

cheers

How do these go for street use? Are they way too stiff/bumpy for our roads, or do they still offer some comfort?

JasonGilholme
28-04-2006, 01:46 PM
From what i'v read they're quite adjustable so you should be able to find a good setting for daily driving as well as a good setting for track work/weekend drives.

I beleive 1800 - 2000 ish is the going rate. I don't think that includes install either. DIY.

aStRooo
29-04-2006, 10:26 AM
how often would the coilovers require servicing?

crx51
02-05-2006, 01:56 AM
Gday mate, i was looking at a set of buddy club racing specs for my 89 honda crx and have been told i can indeed get a kit to suit. Now that someone has experience with the kit though ill ask you as you have no hidden agenda. I dont doubt they are awesome on flat roads but when you say they are stiff what are we talking? Would it drive one crazy on evrything but the best of roads? I have 100% confidence they'd excel on a track but i want a car that handles really well and really flat but i want it to be able to handle well on the road! Australian roads. Like there is no point having a 5000dollar suspension setup with sway bars anti rolls struts toe kits camber kits caster kits etc etc etc which would handle incredibly on the track if there is zero pliancy because you'll lose to a standard car on a mountain pass because you'll be bouncing all over the place over bumps.

How do you rate your setup in that sense. Like if i was never going to do a trackday but rather alot of driving and quite a few trips up mountains etc would you recommend it? Or is it something id just find one perfect ripple free corner to have fun on and otherwise be driven nuts by its harshness.

What im trying to decide is whether to go the far softer but well matched whiteline kits or go all out on a jap kit, but as i said i want it to be fast on normal roads too not just tracks..

Your opinion would be appreciated

AH_HUH
03-05-2006, 01:52 PM
im using the same coilovers in my car aswell. i havent played with the dampening controls too much but i leave it 7 - 8 notches from stiffest which i think is halfway. on that setting the car handles good on the track but on the road i think its way too stiff. you can feel every bump in the road and if u happen to hit a pot hole, itll give u a nice loud suprise.

before this i was using tein ss coilovers which i think were way too soft even for the street and thats at the hardest setting. on the track with the hardest setting my tyres rubbed against the top inner gaurds on a hard corner.

i guess for everyday driving and minimal track u should go for something inbetween like tein flex.

Menzy
03-05-2006, 02:30 PM
I dont know wether to start a new thread or not ... but whats the differneces between those three ... read the site but didnt make much sence

P-1 Racing Dampers
Racing Spec Damper
N+ SPEC DAMPER

crx51
03-05-2006, 08:34 PM
P-1 Racing Dampers
Racing Spec Damper
N+ SPEC DAMPER
Mate like any range buddy club have their more affordable or more street use dampers which are the the N+ spec which havent quite the adjustability of the others and have less harsh spring rates. The racing spec damper is the one id be interested in and it from memory has 14kg front and 8kg rear for a crx which is pretty hard and it also has huge adjustability then there is the p1 racing damper. I have been informed the p1 is actually not legal for road use at all, they are the flagship track suspension from buddy club. I dont know what makes them illegal though?
Scott

egSi
03-05-2006, 10:24 PM
i have racing spec damper too :thumbsup: