PDA

View Full Version : DC2R - 2000 Model headlights

ewendc2r
05-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Very Noob Question but ...

Are HID's stock on these? My low beams are blue-ish in colour with bright white hi beams.

I want to get an 8000k HID set Hi/Low for my car and want to have it like the new Accord Euros/BMW's etc -- Projector style. Is this an entire replacement of the Headlight unit or a modification?

Also there seem to be plenty of different ones around - What is a quality brand?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

destrukshn
05-04-2006, 05:59 PM
your dc2 already had projectors, and you don't have HID's standard, unless it's the JDM model, but they have to be taken off to be compliacned.

ewendc2r
05-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Hmm -- So I may already have HID's in the car? How do I confirm?

destrukshn
05-04-2006, 06:40 PM
is yours a JDM integra or was it a australian delieverd one?
plus.. HID's, when first turned on, takes time to charge up.
look at your bulb, if it's a bulb that you just twist out and it comes out of the head light, it ain't hid's.

Boost
07-04-2006, 11:27 AM
the Aus. spec 2000 dc2r have ok projectors and it does produce a tinge of blue flicker when view at the right angle. But it doesnt come with hid stock.

ewendc2r
07-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah its AUDM -- So to convert to HID's all I need is a simple kit and it will produce good light like the new model cars? (Euro's BMW's etc?)
No need to change the actual HeadLight Pod?

underc35a
07-04-2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

please read the article above and save yourself the trouble and money

get some philips plus vision or osram silverstars if you want improved vision.

ewendc2r
07-04-2006, 06:03 PM
The only safe and legitimate HID retrofit is one that replaces the entire headlamp—that is lens, reflector, bulb...the WHOLE shemozzle—with optics designed for HID usage. In the aftermarket, it is possible to get clever with the growing number of available products, such as Hella's modular projectors available in HID or halogen, and fabricate your own brackets and bezels, or to modify an original-equipment halogen headlamp housing to contain optical "guts" designed for HID usage. But just putting an HID bulb where a halogen one belongs is bad news all around.

Basically -- This is what I was asking. Can I buy a whole new headlight unit that has a HID bulb? I want brighter lights, and I don't mind paying for it. I realy like the lighting improvement with my Honda Euro over the Type R, and want it to be the same.

Any aftermarket replacements?

underc35a
07-04-2006, 06:12 PM
yes you can but that requires buying projector housing, ballast, ignitors and bulbs from another car, such as the s2000 and opening your headlights and messing around.

If you want more information please visit hidplanet.com
or specifically for your dc2r http://www.skafia.com/itr/hid/

ewendc2r
07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
thank you very much. that is what i am looking for :)

Now to find out how much this will cost :P

Thanks again.

Boost
07-04-2006, 06:42 PM
the projectors u have in your dc2r is ok.. but will not compare to oem bmw, lexsus, mercs. projectors. You are refering to retro fitting. Its a lengthy process if you have never done it before and even worst if you dont know what goes with a GOOD HID system and wiring it up properly. HIDPLANET is a very very good site for info if your willing to read. A note tho.. dont buy projectors from them or members there because they are from LHD a country. Our projectors are designed for our road (RHD).
If your after a good HID setup drop me a PM. Ive got all the parts you will need to make a good setup and you can ask all those on HID planet if you dont believe me (im a member on there for some time now as well = )
Ive got ballast, ignitor, projector, proper wiring harness etc.