PDA

View Full Version : MagnaFlow Installed

EuroAccord13
23-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Well, here they are.. the installed pics... it's abit dark coz I took them just a couple of mins ago with me standing under the rain and in the wee hours of the morning...

It isn't loud at all and I am putting it down to the resonators in the exhaust line. I think I will remove them today..

Haven't gave it a road test yet but I'll do one sometime soon....

NOTE : The exhaust pipe is not ROUND but is in fact oval, had to round it off so that I can install the flange to it...

CHEERS
Nick

Custom Stainless Steel Mandrel Bends...
http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/StainlessSteelMandrelBends.jpg

ZORST!!!
http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/View1.jpg

I Think It Looks Alright With A Single Muffler Out The Rear End
http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/RearEndRight.jpg

vtecinaccord
23-04-2004, 09:03 AM
I have the same Magnaflow muffler on mt CD accord with mandrel 2 1/4 with small resonator it is not loud either, but from outside the car it makes a lot of noise, real honda sound ;)

A'PEXi
23-04-2004, 02:58 PM
personally i think you should have one of those on each side :D and remove the accord euro badge on the back for a smoother effect :D

although, still looks good now, keep us updated with your next mod...

EuroAccord13
23-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Running twin outlets with the same MagnaFlows will give more HP for sure, but running a single will give even more HP than a dual setup, also, it's only a 4 cylinder so the gains on a dual will be minimal. It also means more $$$$ and less Power with a dual system...

Soundwise, the freaking car has got 2 massive exhaust resonators that is keeping the exhaust quiet. The noise increase has been minimal so far unless I WOT. I'm going to have the resonators removed for better flow and more HP... and more noise

Again, I'm more into performance than looks, I don't care what people say about dual being nicer than a single (Which I very much agree, and it looks sexier too) As said, performance over looks is what I am gunning for ever since...

I like the idea of debadging it heeheehee.... mmmmmmm

Ooh.. I like to Thank ProEx for rushing down the Mandrels for me...

CHEERS
Nick

toE
23-04-2004, 09:54 PM
nice. u got any info to back up what u said about one is better than two?? i'm curious to read up on it...

A'PEXi
23-04-2004, 10:58 PM
lol could be true... i'm just thinking that if it comes standard with 2 mufflers? it should be there for a reason??.... ie. the v6l comes with dual mufflers as well :D anyway...definatly looks more blling hehe...

Creative
24-04-2004, 02:08 AM
Looks good dood :)

I am going from a dual tip to single system too as you know so looking forward to the butt dyno gains untill I can get it on the dyno and tuned etc :)

Do you have the Euro where it has the exhaust both sides? If so, how is it now? Just the one single one on the right rear as seen in the pics? Im positive I saw a Euro parked today and it had dual exhausts....

As I said...Looks good...sorry, I think Ive asked you this before....but thats 4" tip yer? If so then awesome cos thats same size as mine and I like the look of your size :nod:

EuroAccord13
24-04-2004, 06:35 PM
nice. u got any info to back up what u said about one is better than two?? i'm curious to read up on it...

I dunno how to explain properly.. but it has to do with physics and exhaust pulses... besides.. it's only a 4 potter... :( Any tuners will tell u the same thing, 1 is better than 2 :)

Creative, yeap it's a 4inch Double Walled Tip :)

Euros come with Dual exhaust... for looks and emissions... that's it... from the looks of it, it isn't even a performance type of exhaust system.

CHEERS
Nick

Spoon-Accord
24-04-2004, 06:36 PM
its called back pressure bro.. backpressure

hahah

Ken

EuroAccord13
24-04-2004, 07:04 PM
its called back pressure bro.. backpressure

hahah

Ken

I know that but it's more than just backpressure bro :D :P :P :D heeheeheehee

Spoon-Accord
24-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Boost bro??? VTEC??

hehehe

Ken

joneblaze
24-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Looking good man... I like the oval muffler shape...very nice.
What's the model name? Do they come in 2.25" inlet and 3 or 3.5" tips? :)

TakeiTeg
24-04-2004, 10:48 PM
technically it's acctually not back pressure, but more delta pressure, a lot of people has been mis-informed on this issue, bah i'll explain it another day.

difference between single and dual exhaust is dual has more area to cover so therefore, using common sense, it would need more time and would have a slower response, where as single exhaust designs have less area to travel, thus a better straight through response, so therefore a much faster/better performance over all.

EuroAccord13, nice car those, gotta love them new accords, I'll be definitely be getting the new CL7 Euro-R in the near future :)

btw..here is a nice Accord site for u to gork at, all those fine Phase CL7's...orgasmic... :P

http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity-Rally/1054/friends8.htm

toE
24-04-2004, 11:06 PM
thanx TakeiTeg :)

euro77
25-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Looks very nice. Just put a non functional MagnaFlow muffler on the other side to make it even sexier :P

A'PEXi
25-04-2004, 12:45 AM
difference between single and dual exhaust is dual has more area to cover so therefore, using common sense, it would need more time and would have a slower response, where as single exhaust designs have less area to travel, thus a better straight through response, so therefore a much faster/better performance over all.

yes, i agree with your common sense idea... but that would mean honda are trying to tune down their cars from factory?.... im just curious as to why they would want to do this??...

Creative
25-04-2004, 12:57 AM
You asked to see a pic when I got it installed so here goes;

http://users.bigpond.net.au/batmaun/car/exhaust/RearView.jpg

http://users.bigpond.net.au/batmaun/car/exhaust/SideInstalled.JPG

Enjoy it Nick, cos I know Ill enjoy mine :nod: :D

EuroAccord13
25-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Looks very nice. Just put a non functional MagnaFlow muffler on the other side to make it even sexier :P

Adds weight brother! And also during cold starts especially during winter.. one can tell it's a fake one coz it's not smoking out hahahah :P :P :P

Apexi, emission purposes is what Honda is doing to their cars now..

Creative... :P I think my tip looks sexier :D :D :D :P

Creative
25-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder my friend :)
heheheheheh

How does yours sound? Did the sound change at all?

A'PEXi
25-04-2004, 11:37 AM
2 mufflers, to detune their cars, and reduce emissons?.... thus changing it to a single muffler would increase emissons correcT?

TakeiTeg
25-04-2004, 01:39 PM
well, when you think about it, of course if honda made it all single piped it would be all good.
But keep in mind when Honda was making the accord, it had the terms, luxury, class in mind, so thus dual exhaust would look more classy, I'm sure since it's an luxury safe/quiet car from factory, they would try to make it look as classy as possible.