PDA

View Full Version : 5 lug conversion

ah789454
23-04-2004, 09:48 AM
what parts do you need for this conversion.?? cos i have a set of S2K rims that i wana put on my civic

thanks

Civic Type R
23-04-2004, 12:05 PM
hahahahaha umm ..
i hope you have another $1000 to do the conversion dude.
Id sell the rims and get something else.

VTEChnique
23-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Prelude 5-lug hubs are the most ecconomical way to do the 5-lug swap. these are same offset as ITR so you can use ITR rims, but I am not sure of the S2000 spec's.. plus you can upgrade with the Prelude disc brakes too...

Also the gen one CRV Hubs will work but they dont have rear disc's I dont think and the front ball joints wont match or some crap, but it CAN be done, but Like adam said, I hope you got some $$$$ stashed away..

Lots of seppos have done the 5-lug conversion - so check out Honda-tech.com or even JDMcivic.com.

Civic Type R
23-04-2004, 02:07 PM
seppos hahaha LOL

Breeze
26-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Pretty sure the CRV and prelude front hubs have a different spline count to the civic (thats why i didn't use them on my conversion) you also have to swap CV's to match the splines if they do have a different spline count.

Anything with a 5 stud hub on the rear also has a longer stub axle than the stock civic stub. So you need to fit them as well (longer stub axles). Of course honda doesn't sell the ITR stub axles seperately so you need to get some accord/prelude ones and have the end modified to accept the nut on the back OR have custom extensions made for your stub axles (these basically screw onto the end of your existing ones). Find a very good machinist to make or modify those though.

Unless you really know what you are doing, get the full type R conversion including front hub assembly and rear trailing arm assembly. They bolt straight up to your control arms.

ceper
26-04-2004, 11:42 PM
I don't think the offsets will be the same, so your hubs if you do get prelude or itr hubs won't have long enough studs for the wheels, or your brakes might hit the rims.. i know prelude rims and type r rims aren't interchangeable for this reason.

Paul.

weezer
27-04-2004, 01:51 AM
with S2000 rims you're going to have to get 4 front rims to fit

r|Ce_bOi
27-04-2004, 07:56 AM
i've seen this conversion already done.
i was at good performance centre at yenorra the other week
a guy just got an engine conversion complete on his white EG civic along with 5 stud conversion with s2k rims all round and recaros.
if you want to know how much its going to cost drive in drive out, i sugguest you go and speak to charlie over there.

Cheers and Good Luck

According In QLD
27-04-2004, 11:21 AM
Has anyone ever done this on a 91 Accord as i have a set of the euro wheels for it??