PDA

View Full Version : drinking too much water [eg 92]

marte
07-04-2006, 09:13 PM
hey guys my eg, the radiator keeps drinking water all the time im chekcing up on it every 2-3 days and i have to refill, theres nothing blocking in the radiator, recently flushed it.
after a few minutes of driving the tempeture hits up too half way, never use to do this.
any suggestions?

Andrew21
07-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Check closely all hoses going to/from radiator and make sure there all secure and have no splits ( look closely for hair line cracks) . Also check the pressure release valve is tight ( right next to top radiator hose on the block). Another thing to check is the drain plug.

Clean the area's around the radiator and then monitor for leaks.

Having to re-fill every 2-3 days sounds like a hell lot of loss of water, which u will have to notice somewhere...

Goodluck.

ProECU
07-04-2006, 09:34 PM
u using water or coolant?

marte
07-04-2006, 09:37 PM
currently using water

EG6_SiR
07-04-2006, 09:44 PM
The answer is just buy new radiator, get aftermarket radiator to suit an automatic civic, cause they are thicker, stock is like 16mm, the automatic size one is roughly around 32mm. so signifficantly bigger and newer. prices range from $220- 250ish. When you get that done put in new thermostat ($10) and new coolant. That will fix all ur problems, i hav had the same problems before tried everything else first, this is the answer. Egsi had the same issues lately. latas hope it works

civiceg9
07-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Check your radiator cap and themostat, and bleed all air of from the radiator.
are you using a high pressure cap (those after market ones)? I had problems with it running too hot until I change to my Spoon themostat.

marte
07-04-2006, 10:00 PM
just the normal cap although its kinda wrecked ill replace it and see if it helps. ill check what eg6_sir said, im gonna try it all tomrorow morning and if by the mid afternoon i can't fix it i'll look at a new radiator setup.

johnn
08-04-2006, 08:33 AM
First try to get it check out in the mechanics and ask for a pressure test.. They will test the pressure of your coolant or water in your raditor and hoses... it will show after a few minutes, if theres a leak in your radiator or hoses.. you would be able to find the leak and then replace whatever needs replacing.. raditor or hoses....

TheFranchise
08-04-2006, 10:57 AM
also, get a mechanic to look at your water pump...could be gone too!

ProECU
08-04-2006, 11:19 AM
currently using water

you sure its not vapourising(boiling) as steam?

Beastcivic
08-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Sounds like Head-gasket to me. Are you seeing any signs of white smoke out of the exhaust?