PDA

View Full Version : results from vafc 2 in a d16y1 ?

EG5[KRT]
08-04-2006, 01:14 AM
was wondering what people thought when they had a vafc installed in their d16y1 ..

did it improve torque ?? or do nething at all ?

NeRV
08-04-2006, 10:14 AM
i would also like to know if anyone has experience with this and what the result is.

nugget666
08-04-2006, 11:24 AM
sounds interesting but i have d16y4

any info anyone?

2MPRSS
08-04-2006, 11:29 AM
you will need some engine work to actually see a diffrence,idont think its worth it or needed unless the engine is modified

00' coupe
08-04-2006, 12:02 PM
ive heard that even for a bseries engine it wont give u big numbers... so for a d serires i doubt its gonna do to much as 2mpress already mentioned...

although it looks good in the car i would try a more cost-power affective mod

Slow96GSR
08-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Engine management won't do much with out something to manage. If you want to play with Ignition timing, cam timing and fuel then you would need the ability to tune the car. You need some mods to make it worth while. Most cars come from the factory tuned pretty good. Adding a AEM EMS or Hondata will make it more tuneable and will get better results then just the Apexi parts. I believe AEM saw ~40 HP gains on their S2K with the CDI and EMS setup on it. Not bad but there was more to it, and a lot of dyno time!

NeRV
08-04-2006, 01:00 PM
so what kind of mods do you need to warrant the need for a VAFC? or even with a highly modded engine.. the VAFC isnt worth it?.

TYPE-ONE
10-04-2006, 01:52 PM
2.25 inch mandrel bent exhaust
xforce 421
high flow cat
3 inch intake with CAI
bigger injectors
fuel pressure regulator
adjustable cam gears

+ Tuned vafc

you would prolli need all these to make a difference. after doing it all you mite keep up with an ek4. MITE
ahha

babyboy
10-04-2006, 02:16 PM
i heard that having a vafc is ok with a car that has only intake and exhaust because all you can tune is air and fuel. So there is no point in having the vafc if your engine has internal work.

Surrufus
10-04-2006, 03:56 PM
you can use it for mild boost applications and make very decent gains

Andrew21
10-04-2006, 03:59 PM
To add a VAFC or SAFC i would recommend you have at least :

*Exhaust
*Extractors
*Modified Air intake ( filter e.t.c)

Unless you changed anything from stock, ( I.E Air intake, Exhaust flow e.t.c) there's no point to change it as it will be already tuned for that.

Once you mod the amount of Air intake and Exhaust gas flows, thats when u can start mucking around with timing e.t.c

But with these basic I/H/E mods, i cant see a VAFC 'gain that much' power extra..

Mayb 2-3 kw.... By the time you buy it and have it tuned, (close to $700-$1k) i rekon u be better off spending your money elsewhere ...

For the " money spent " ---> "power gained " ratio... I'd say its not worth it !

replaced
10-04-2006, 05:19 PM
yes I think I agree with what andrew is saying, but is there anyone who has a stock d16y1 and have vafc tuned with no mods? Of course there would be more gains on a I/H/E set up, but I am also wondering if any has tryed to tune a d16y1 with no mods and was their any difference between stock and tuned? :angel:

kayot1k
10-04-2006, 06:58 PM
sorry i dont think even with a tuned VAFC on a d16y1 will keep up with a ek4. or b16a for that matter.
and wtf is with bigger injectors and adjustable fuel reg on a d16y1 little to no work done.

ultimately i wouldn't suggest installin one on a d16y1. it would not end up being a cheap mod as some of youse would think. as cheap mods usually have a good value to performance ratio.

EG5[KRT]
10-04-2006, 09:12 PM
my car is mainly for track

if iget the vafc installed its mainly for more fuel because my car is running a bit too lean for my liking...

i basically wanted to know what other people have come across..

or am i the only stupid person that would waste that amount of money on one ?

quangsta
10-04-2006, 10:37 PM
if you only got I/H/E and a CAI or waheva...and u aint planning to do much more i dont think there is a real need to go all out on a stand alone ecu or waheva a piggy back should be fine...

barefootbonzai
11-04-2006, 03:37 PM
some funni guys on this forum. some real good info right here... lol