PDA

View Full Version : Help with rims.....

Ali G
08-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Hi, i wanna change my rims from 14inch to 17-18incheds because i think it's small..My car is Honda CIVIC GLI 2005 model .. and i also wanna make my car lower but my friend told me i can only change spring. is that true?

so i need some help choosing spring, rim size and brand.
let me know if you have all the information about those and price also.
*i don't mind second hand*

thx.

mrwillz
08-04-2006, 12:38 PM
u can change springs ov course juslike ne other car
shocks shud b also upgraded 2

to jus lower ur car wif lower springs, try looking at king springs or pedders or evn whiteline. prices vary from 300-400 ish.

Ali G
08-04-2006, 01:48 PM
HOW about Conformity?

iced
10-04-2006, 09:48 AM
HOW about Conformity?

conformity?

Nuttz
10-04-2006, 09:53 AM
u mean comfort? or comfortability? :)
ride will be harder.. more bumpy.

if u want more comfort change shocks as well. or go for the coilover setup. this will cost about >$1k. look at japanese brands for better quallity

mugeneration
10-04-2006, 03:09 PM
You can make wheels as big as you want really. You COULD go 18s, tho you'll find insurance will go up a lot if you include them in your policy. 17s look nice and arent overly massive, giving good ride quality. They arent as expensive to buy, insure, or buy tyres for. Max I'd recommend is 17 inch, but if looks is all that matters to you then go the 18s if you want.

As for brand, with wheels it doesnt matter TOO much coz you mostly buy them for looks/weight loss so whatever suits you. Avoid cheap nasty brands however as their finishes dont last as long (especially chrome wheels). Good quality brands, and especially australian ones, are made to suit our crappy roads (an example of this is CSA chrome wheels, which are double chrome dipped to help prevent chipping).

Ali G
10-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Cheers guys~!!