PDA

View Full Version : Cat Back Sytem or Sports Exhaust System that is tha Question???

Civique
08-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Hey PPL's, cud i get ur thoughts on the following - I want to get a new exhaust sytem for my 99 GLI Civic im trying to decide between a cat back sytem with 1 resonator and muffler or jst a sports exhaust system - toooooo may choices all i want is some legal grunt/noise, a little more preformance and maybe some better fuel effieciency...is that too much too ask god

civicCXI
08-04-2006, 04:21 PM
get ready to be told to use the search facility

Get a decent 2" mild steel cat back + xforce twin loop muffler and change ur stock cat to high-flow one for a bit of perfomance

Zdster
08-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Im not going to be that mean, but my first question is - what is a 'sports exhaust'???

You will not get heaps of power out of an exhaust with the d16, so I would suggest just getting a nice, simple muffler/b-pipe setup made from a good local exhaust shop. If they are good at what they do then they will be able to advise you on sound and performance. If they suggest anything over a 2" system on a stock engine then move onto another shop.

simbadda54
09-04-2006, 01:36 PM
If they suggest anything over a 2" system on a stock engine then move onto another shop.

Oi i have a 2.25" mandrel bent in my car :P

If u want sound then just buy a good muffler which will cost u ~300. U've made like 3 threads with pretty much the same topic.

civicCXI
09-04-2006, 03:51 PM
that's what happened to me, now i got 2.5" and not happy at all. I learned the hard way : (

2.25" is the biggest u can go

civiceg9
10-04-2006, 11:32 AM
You can use the DC2R or DC5R set up
I had the DC2R setup, abit more grunt and no loud noise hehe :D