PDA

View Full Version : Carb-efi Conversion?

chowdaa
08-04-2006, 04:37 PM
ok im sure its been done before but i just need a few guidelines here , its an eg civic 92, carb but gunna hyrbid b16 it, so is it anything like my 4kc to 4age conversion? Fuel tank - carb fuel filter - lift pump - surge tank - efi pump - efi filter - fuel rail - fuel pressure regulator - surge tank - back to fuel tank --another pipe to charcoal canister. IS there anything else im missing for this civic efi conv.???? Just need to put more research before pursueing, any advice or information would really help.

has anyone here done a civic engine swap/efi conversion that could help me with a few questions i got?

THANKS

ECU-MAN
08-04-2006, 05:01 PM
yeah its been done here a few times

you really should do a search to find alot of answers and what other problems poeple came across

dont forget you have to add and wire up the EFI loom and ecu

chowdaa
08-04-2006, 05:03 PM
doing hardcore research. this isnt gunna be easy, thanks

ECU-MAN
08-04-2006, 05:06 PM
certainly is going to be alot of fun.

[[d a n n y]]
09-04-2006, 01:31 PM
it's pretty simple but time consuming.

u need...
1.EFi fuel tank (out of EG or EK)+fuel pump still inside. ( can be bought off the wreckers for about 150)
2.set of EFi fuel rails. can be bought for 100-150..suggest u buy just the whole rails undeneath (fuel and brake lines)+(u must buy a uncut rail)
and that's it.
now u need tools etc.

basic outline is

go underneath the car
unbolt the fuel rails (carby 1's )
they are hild my a 10mm bolt. theres around 7-8 bolts i think.
unbolt the left side subframe so u can slide the rails out.
take the tank out. slide the new 1 in.
put the new rails in. connect it up..

it's a long to do list so.
if your intrested
plz pm me i can help u out further

Weq
09-04-2006, 04:53 PM
if u need any EFI gear PM me with specifics as ive got spares.

Steer^Gimic
09-04-2006, 08:36 PM
danny there is no need to replace the lines.

you can extend the line to the standard fuel filter location from where the existing carby line finishes.

and all the lines can be modified to suit the tank very very easily. changing lines is just a headache

[[d a n n y]]
09-04-2006, 11:02 PM
danny there is no need to replace the lines.

you can extend the line to the standard fuel filter location from where the existing carby line finishes.

and all the lines can be modified to suit the tank very very easily. changing lines is just a headache

true but.
last 2 conversions i've done.
i'll rather start with everything to original specs.
i dont want to extend etc
i just wanted a clean bolt in bolt out job.
not many people have lot of knowledge about changing carby to EFi
so it's probably the safest way. :D

Andrew21
10-04-2006, 09:39 AM
"Steer^Gimic" - i just completed the E.F.I swap not long ago and was going to use the carby lines and just extend them like you were saying. But there's abit of mucking around to do that and you can pickup the whole fuel rail from wreckers for $150.
It's only a 1-2 hour job ( subframe being abit of a bitch) to swap.

Better off getting the correct fuel lines designed for the car and having that peice of mind. I just didnt want to be driving down the freeway and suddenly a hoseclamp pop off and have no fuel pressure !!

Just my 2c...

Steer^Gimic
10-04-2006, 09:54 AM
yeh i guess you guys are right. it was just easier for me to access fuel line and all other bits from my work rather then chase down a full set of rails. besides, alot of wreckers only stock half cuts, meaning all there rails where in half.

either way works best, just depends on how lazy you are :P

iamhappy46
10-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I did the Carb-->EFI swap on an ED Civic. The fuel rails are the same diameter so nothing a metre of EFI Fuel hose cannot fix.