PDA

View Full Version : big/small problem need help asap

ICV 73C
09-04-2006, 01:13 PM
hey guys. just recently (2-3 days ago) signs of my car dying started showing. i duno what the cause of it is.

problem that have occured within these few days -
1 - SOMETIMES when i hit the brakes my head unit turns off (wiring done by a qualified/professional electricial for system )

2 - SOMETIMES when i hit the brakes at night, my head lights and dash lights turn off for a second (quick and sudden)

3 - power steering feels a little bit funny.

4 - my RPM's are inbetween 0 - 1

5 - (Stading still) my car comes close to stalling when winding down the window (auto tramissision) like the rpms will drop very close to 0 ?

so guys any help would be fine. i just went to a mechanic and they said nothing to do with the battery / alternator.

no new mods nothing TOUCHED to the car, it WAS running fine until now. ??? :thumbdwn:

ECU-MAN
09-04-2006, 01:18 PM
your engine could be idling low, that would case the almost stalling issue

aslo explain power strearing at idle being funny

ICV 73C
09-04-2006, 01:28 PM
hmmmm its really odd. how come now ?? the car is at 129 XXX. the car still runs fine, but the cut off the system is odd, and the dying light is F*&$d could it be electrical problems ? thats wat a mechanic said. either electrical or my engine

ECU-MAN
09-04-2006, 01:31 PM
the EACV controls Idle when the engine is under load or the ecu want to alter the its idle speed.

yours could be faulty, check the ecu for fault codes

hoonda
09-04-2006, 04:47 PM
electrical problems are likely caused by your battery being f@cked. As in, one day you will go to turn it on and it will just not work.

The weird thing is it doesnt run down like its going flat, it will just give up some day. Also, you will NOT be able to jump start it. Those super-heavy duty jumpers that NRMA/RACQ carry will get u running, but only just.

Ive had this happen twice (on different cars), so i know the signs! In fact EXACTLY the same thing happend on both occassons- hit brakes & stereo cuts out, or hit brakes and lights go out/ dim to parkers

Sometimes batteries just die- and sounds like yours is about to. I recommend getting a new one VERY soon

Weq
09-04-2006, 04:51 PM
possibly an alternator/accessories issue. It sounds like a pully is about to seize and putting alot of load on the engine.

ICV 73C
09-04-2006, 07:47 PM
well the mechanic had alook at it tuday. pulld out the battery tester and alternator testor. both came out fine. if thats the case where and what battery should i get to support my car ? 94civic sedan vti with a small system (2channel amp 2x150rms)