PDA

View Full Version : 03 Jazz Vti Problems

amurray
09-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Hey guys.. my dads jazz has had a problem with taking of since it was new... if you stop completly.. then go to take off it juders and shakes. until you get in to the higher revs and get the speed up.. Any ideas what it is??

also anyone know where i can get a Workshop manual for a 03 vti jazz??

vividjazz
09-04-2006, 07:22 PM
CVT or manual? If CVT a change of the transmission fluid will probably fix it.

mcyj
09-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Hey guys.. my dads jazz has had a problem with taking of since it was new... if you stop completly.. then go to take off it juders and shakes. until you get in to the higher revs and get the speed up.. Any ideas what it is??

I think I had/have a similar problem. It was shuddering at about 1500rpm.. it disappears either revving past that or easing off the accelerator. I had a major service shortly after starting experiencing this and I requested they change the transmission oil. After the service, it's a lot smoother, but sometimes I still feel it (but its a lot better than it was before the service).

amurray
10-04-2006, 06:53 PM
it is a manual....

kuso
10-04-2006, 07:01 PM
I have a similar problem. Hopefully you find the reason why. I have continually brought this up with the service department and have gone to them several times about the clutch problem. They blamed it on my driving skill of the manual. Their test drivers couldn't find a problem because he was not used to the car and revved the engine past 2000 every starting point.

Hopefully you can figure out why.

amurray
10-04-2006, 07:16 PM
There is also a intermittent problem with the brakes. Sometimes it feels like the front disks are warped. ie the brakes pant. If they were, the problem would be continuous. I have put a run out gauge on them and they are not. Have pressure flushed the brake system. No joy and no Honda dealer can find the fault.