PDA

View Full Version : How to get a Euro in the 13.5's

blitz_euro
09-04-2006, 11:00 PM
As the thread title states, what mods do you think will be needed to get a Honda Accord Euro in the 13.5's?

genk-jomblo
09-04-2006, 11:39 PM
1. manual transmission (change your gear box if you are AT one) :)
2. get them supercharged + bigger turbo if necesarray.
3. get famous 'immediately' in most euro's forum :P

peace.

z3lda
10-04-2006, 12:39 AM
superchargered + bigger turbo? do u even know what you are talkin about buddy?

hahha

BlueSiR
10-04-2006, 12:44 AM
i asume u r gonna set it up for drag , so supercharged or turbo will be a better and cheaper way to achive mid 13 than upgrade internal and keep it as NA.
but its gonna cost u a bit, personally i think its not worth to spent tat money to do so...but hey, i've seen my friend install twin supercharge on his Lexus SC430, crazy MF too much money to spend.. so wat ever make u happy :p

aaronng
10-04-2006, 12:53 AM
Even with the comptech SC at low boost, peak power RPM is above the 7500rpm Hondata cutoff. So you'll have tune it for more torque at low RPM. That means lowering the compression.

I think it would be easier to put in a K20A and then turbo it.

yfin
10-04-2006, 06:36 AM
As the thread title states, what mods do you think will be needed to get a Honda Accord Euro in the 13.5's?

Too hard IMO - and too much money. If you really want to go down this path perhaps trade the Euro for an Evo IX or similar.

blitz_euro
10-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Um, i really dont want to sell my Euro, is it then more realistically able to be in the 14's?

I dont want to do any major engine work i want the engine internals to be stock if possible.

yfin
10-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Um, i really dont want to sell my Euro, is it then more realistically able to be in the 14's?

I dont want to do any major engine work i want the engine internals to be stock if possible.

it is hard to predict numbers as no one has publicly gone into the 14s in Australia. I think your best bet is to see how the Hondata turns out - the product sounds very promising so far and will probably deliver the numbers you are looking for, even if it is high 14s. Apparently there will be some kits developed to go with the hondata too - including intake and exhaust that will produce even better results.

blitz_euro
10-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks Yfin for ya help.

I guess this thread can be closed now.

Chris_F
10-04-2006, 01:57 PM
i think aiming to get into the 14's is a more realistic goal for stock internals. Mid to low 14's may be possible in a very worked car, and the 13's are probably only achievable with forced induction and a raced prepped NA motor.

Honda's slogan is "the power of dreams" - and seeing a euro get into the 13's would definitely be one of mine lol :thumbsup:

h22a accord
10-04-2006, 02:12 PM
intake, exhaust etc, then strip as much weight as possible out of it. I mean as much as possible- fit perspex windows etc etc, no stereo, air con, seats, trim, lower part of dash, no door trims or power window motors, carbon bonnet, carbon boot, replace as many bolts with light weigh hollwed out items.

or, just turbo it and set it up so it will do a 13.5.

roar
11-04-2006, 08:17 PM
lose the 18" dubs

todaek9
11-04-2006, 09:00 PM
a td06 + thicker gasket....

xtercii
13-04-2006, 02:39 PM
first of all start with a standard euro, get the lightest possible 17in wheels, light weight aluminium coilovers, good clutch, lsd, lightened flywheel (is it even available for euros yet?) full exhaust system with header, cai, camshafts (again anyone started making them for euros yet?), ecu and a good tuner, also get a carbon fibre bonnet and take out the spare wheel when racing, be very brutal on the track flat shift every gear. You guys reckon that’s good enuff to get into 13s while still retaining street trim?

Felix
13-04-2006, 02:52 PM
first of all mate get some smaller lighter wheels. You wont do it with heavy arsed 18's.

driven
13-04-2006, 04:31 PM
first of all start with a standard euro, get the lightest possible 17in wheels, light weight aluminium coilovers, good clutch, lsd, lightened flywheel (is it even available for euros yet?) full exhaust system with header, cai, camshafts (again anyone started making them for euros yet?), ecu and a good tuner, also get a carbon fibre bonnet and take out the spare wheel when racing, be very brutal on the track flat shift every gear. You guys reckon that’s good enuff to get into 13s while still retaining street trim?

The K20 flywheels fit the K24.
Not sure about the camshafts though.

Q_ball
13-04-2006, 04:48 PM
would be something to admire tho....a turbo/supercharged euro doin 13s :)
turbo is definately bang for bucks!
turbo it, put some semis on, sussy...and launch it :)
good luck!

Chris_F
13-04-2006, 05:01 PM
do it NA and I'll be your biggest fan.

K20 cams should fit k24 and flywheel does too aswell as final drive :thumbsup:

spoondc2
14-04-2006, 11:08 AM
do it NA and I'll be your biggest fan.

K20 cams should fit k24 and flywheel does too aswell as final drive :thumbsup:

K20 cams on K24 won't make more power, and you will lose torque. Tested by some ppl in US

Although K24 intake cam are more aggressive than K20 and K20 exhaust cam are more aggressive than K24.

K24 intake + K20 exhaust cam = no use :eek:

Non Vtec
14-04-2006, 11:09 AM
well if a 2.2 base model accord can run 14.09 with circuit semi streets, intake and exhaust.. a euro should be able to run a 13 if it has the right mods etc.. I have an H22 powered euro I hope to run 13's in when i get a chance to take it to the track..

spoondc2
14-04-2006, 11:09 AM
anyway Chris_F, your car is fast :thumbsup:

yfin
14-04-2006, 01:35 PM
well if a 2.2 base model accord can run 14.09 with circuit semi streets, intake and exhaust.. a euro should be able to run a 13 if it has the right mods etc.. I have an H22 powered euro I hope to run 13's in when i get a chance to take it to the track..

I think you are talking about the old shaped accords (90s yeah?). They weigh about 150kg less than the Euro.

I would love to see a Euro run 13s all n/a - but I think it is next to impossible without stripping the interior. Maybe I will eat my words when the Hondata kits are released with i/h/e but I still think it is totally unrealistic.

spanks
16-04-2006, 03:51 AM
or just buy a hsv

[[d a n n y]]
16-04-2006, 12:47 PM
I think it's pretty impossible to get a euro running 14's
i've raced many euros and they never came close
and i know for a fact my car cant run low 14's

porbably Force induction and super N/A motor is the way to go

Q_ball
16-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty sure nothings impossible!!
If you're plannin on making the euro run 13s NA, jst be prepared to spend about the cars retail price ONTOP of the cost price for the car ahaha.
Goin the forced inducted route will be a LOT cheaper and much more easily achievable!

xtercii
16-04-2006, 08:27 PM
]']I think it's pretty impossible to get a euro running 15's
and i know for a fact my car cant run low 15's

You serious? thought there are heaps of euros have run mid 15s with time slips to prove.

raz05
16-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Maybe he means a low 15s, i ran a 15.6 last time at Willowbank

Chris_F
16-04-2006, 10:43 PM
K20 cams on K24 won't make more power, and you will lose torque. Tested by some ppl in US

Although K24 intake cam are more aggressive than K20 and K20 exhaust cam are more aggressive than K24.

K24 intake + K20 exhaust cam = no use :eek:

Yea i read that same article. I think it was kinda pointless that they swapped in the stock k20 cams. In my post i was refering to aftermarket cams designed for the K20... they will fit the k24 :thumbsup:. I still got a long way to go with my car to reach my aim :p

]]I think it's pretty impossible to get a euro running 15's

a number of euro owners run 15's. The car stock runs 15's. As for breaking into the 14's - even that shouldn't be too hard with some well chosen (allbeit fairly extensive) mods.

I'm pretty sure nothings impossible!!
If you're plannin on making the euro run 13s NA, jst be prepared to spend about the cars retail price ONTOP of the cost price for the car ahaha.
Goin the forced inducted route will be a LOT cheaper and much more easily achievable!

100% true. The euro really isn't the ideal base for chasing 13's NA. I think 14's is a more realistic goal without forced induction. The k24 undoubtedly has a lot of potential if fully worked in NA form though - 13's ARE possible... nearly anything is if you have the money :p

I think the biggest limit to the Euro is a fully tuneable ecu option. The Hondata reflash will be a great option for euro's with basic boltons :thumbsup: But if only they released a kpro capable of drive by wire... I'm sure some other manafacturers will begin to release them anyway, as the technology becomes more widely used.

I think with some aggresive cams, destroked but bored to maintain displacement and allow a higher redline, forged internals, good I/H/E combo, aggressive final drive ratio, light-weight flywheel, semi's/full slicks, HD clutch, lightweight 16" or 17" rims, stripped interior and a good ecu with an even better trune...

And the list goes on...

A lot of money would need to be spent on the engine in other words- but damn it would be cool to see

albii
16-04-2006, 11:01 PM

you are joking are'nt you?

yfin
17-04-2006, 09:06 AM

Sorry man you are wrong without a shadow of doubt. Maybe you are thinking about the auto euro.

luzinit
17-04-2006, 11:07 PM
somehow i think danny might have meant 13's?? cos im pretty confident a stock manual euro can make it into the 15's

Non Vtec
18-04-2006, 03:33 AM
well if your talking about a K-series euro, the JDM is a K20 the Euro L is a K24, either way you can fit aftermarket cams into them, at the moment the nest K25 cam appears to be the Crower stage 2's and modfying the VTC cam gear so it has more than 25' VTC adjustment, they can be machined to allow 40' vtc or you can swap it with a K20A vtc cam gear.
For the K20 there is a large option of cams, IPS, Crower, Toda, Skunk 2 all showing good results and gains.
Same as headers, there are alot of companies thaty make good header SSR, toda, etc
then you'll need to get a K-pro into the car, which in the euro L is a bigger job than plugging it in I beleive at this stage, although Hondata may have it sorted now..
with cams, header ECU, would end up with around 230-250whp which even in a Euro should push you into the 13's with a full interior on the right tyres..

Chris_F
19-04-2006, 12:05 AM
^^ only thing limiting the euro at the moment is a fully tuneable ecu. Thank drive-by-wire throttle for that :thumbdwn:. The hondata reflash has already shown some very promising gains with only simple bolt ons. With more aggressive cams, 40+ degree vtc there is some big potential no doubt. Low 14's is my guess for bolt ons, ecu and minor internal work.

something would have to be done to/for the engines really long stroke to go any further i think.

I've read about k24's being converted into k23's and fitted into exiges. Basically the engine is significantly destroked, then bored to maintain most of the displacement. Means a higher redline and a lot more power. Either that or get forged internals... but even then an 8k rpm redline would probably be pushing it.

[[d a n n y]]
19-04-2006, 05:39 PM
bah..feck

sorry typo...
fix it up
was thinking about something else.. lol

albii
19-04-2006, 09:46 PM
14s are achievable,but there is a big difference between 14s and 13s

edw-R
20-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Good modification + Good driver = Good result

aaronng
20-04-2006, 12:08 PM
I reckon for 13s, you really need to reduce the weight of the car. Also, destroking to raise the revvability to 8000rpm without damaging the liners is a must. Once destroked to a k23, you can use K20a intake runners, a bored throttle body and K20A cams. Heck, since you are already destroking, just put on a K20A head to defeat the electronic throttle. Once that is done, you won't have A/C and instruments, so pull the dashboard out to fit in a lightweight instrument panel. Pull out all the sound deadening too.

I don't think you'll get the weight of the Euro down that much. Because it is only about 1400kg but yet the body is stiffer than a heavier E46 3-series. That means there is a large portion of that 1400kg in the chassis, and that cannot be removed easily.

Oh, and go aluminium bonnet and boot!

BADHBT
20-04-2006, 01:35 PM
superchargered + bigger turbo? do u even know what you are talkin about buddy?

hahha

nothing wrong with that
is called twin charged
its been done several times
but havnt seen it on a euro yet

aaronng
20-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Twin charging has been done on some 4A-GEs and if I am correct, came as standard equipment on one particular car. I can't remember the brand and model.

Chris_F
20-04-2006, 01:55 PM
the realtime TSX race car weighs about 1150kg. So you can strip the euro and get it pretty light if you don't care about any of your daily comforts haha.

Everyone has suggested some good ideas but really... It's not gonna happen untill someone is willing to sacrifice DBW and all functions associated with it or an affordable DBW ecu is released.

Motec is really the best and only way to go at the moment if you're VERY serious. And that ecu will allow you to do whatever the **** you want to the engine mod wise (i.e. destroking, cams etc. etc.) and probably be the only way to get into the 13's.

albii
20-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Twin charging has been done on some 4A-GEs and if I am correct, came as standard equipment on one particular car. I can't remember the brand and model.
jap spec nissan march super turbo :thumbsup:

jdmlvn
21-05-2006, 12:49 PM
my time to contribute:p

as seen in BMI. u can reduce 200kg of a euro by striping out the heavy arsed interior. more can be reduced. i.e.lightert rims, brakeducts, batterie, bonnet, airbox. so thats like 220 kg reduces. so it could be a 1100kg euro.with 140kw@fly

and by those factors. it can beat dc2rs and dc5rs with a stock engine on straight line.

and those guys who said its impossible for euro to break into 14's. you guys are :thumbdwn:

so the euro has heaps of potential IMO:thumbsup:

panda[cRx]
21-05-2006, 03:51 PM
boost it, doing NA work on a largish car with a relatively small 4 cyclinder engine is a waste of time imo

it is VERY possible to reach 13's with boost :)