PDA

View Full Version : b18c into ek1 + all work

Andw0o
09-04-2006, 11:35 PM
okkk soo ive decided on the b18cx prolly the c7 or cr
but wat i now need to know is how to prepare the ek for this
this includes suspension and upgrading the breaks, i have the ek1
i was wondering do i just need the engine mounts off the ek4 or do i need subframes my mates were telling me in his mini he needed to buy subframe which cost him 3000, also another thing thats got me curious is, will there me torque steer? and if there is how do i compensate for that?
thanks im really curious and intrested in this.
ta

z3lda
09-04-2006, 11:40 PM
just take it to a workshop, pay them some money and get them to do the conversion for you.
I htink u should do more research if you dont know the difference between c7 and cr before you do a conversion.

lol.

z3lda
09-04-2006, 11:43 PM
where abouts in melb do you live,

come down to our workshop and we'll enlighten you on the process.

there are a couple of cars atm in the middle of a swap process. u can come check it out and see whats involved.

Andw0o
09-04-2006, 11:45 PM
im in the eastern suburbs
ahhh i was going to get the parts my self and get my friends who are mechs. to help us out with all that, and of course id b pitching in alot too ahahh after all thats where all the funs at ey?
just wondering with the cr and c7 will i get torque steer?
and wat shops that? ehehe

quangsta
10-04-2006, 12:14 PM
sighz...noobs...

cr and c7 same shat, to an extent.
if ur friends a good honda mech he shold know all the parts you need...
get the b18c7 engine, get the stock gearbox that comes with it...shouldnt be much torque steer in stock form...if you dont know this...do more alot more research before you do anything...;)

check you pm (private message)..on the top right of your screen says 'Private Message: 1 Unread ......etc *click it* :D