PDA

View Full Version : water around spark plug ....

180sx
10-04-2006, 12:14 AM
hi guys , it's me again ....... was driving my B16A DA9 today , suddently it became no power .... feel like missfire ... ( it happened to my 180sx b4 ) , so i pull over , check all the spark plug ........holy shit , i saw there are a lot of water around the 4th cyclinder ...... anyone know why's that ?? i've been told by the workshop the engine was sitting in the workshop for over 2 years ... and they said there are small amount of water in the spark plug b4 they install the engine .... but they clean it b4 they install the engine ..... i got my car back on 7/4/06 , and the missfire started just now ( 11.00pm 9/4/06 )... is that a big issue ?? or i just have to clean up those water again ? any help will be appreciated .....

EuroDude
10-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Sounds like someone may have cleaned the engine in the shop and didnt cover the sparky holes.

A similar thing happened to my Civic, I cleaned the engine bay and some liquid spilt into the sparky holes, causing major misfires at low revs - I had to keep it at 4000rpm in standstill traffic lol. Anyway I went down a side street and soaked up all the liquid with tissues, but it was still not perfect so I changed the four sparkies and cleaned the holes out properly, its all working fine now.

You may want to check the resistance of your spark plug cables using a multimeter incase the shorts caused excess wear'n'tear.

Also check the window wiper water spray piping for leaks, its possible the rubber piping is leaking water ontop of the engine.

180sx
10-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Sounds like someone may have cleaned the engine in the shop and didnt cover the sparky holes.

A similar thing happened to my Civic, I cleaned the engine bay and some liquid spilt into the sparky holes, causing major misfires at low revs - I had to keep it at 4000rpm in standstill traffic lol. Anyway I went down a side street and soaked up all the liquid with tissues, but it was still not perfect so I changed the four sparkies and cleaned the holes out properly, its all working fine now.

You may want to check the resistance of your spark plug cables using a multimeter incase the shorts caused excess wear'n'tear.

Also check the window wiper water spray piping for leaks, its possible the rubber piping is leaking water ontop of the engine.

thx for the help ;) replaced all spark plug today , run perfect now :cool: thx again

ECU-MAN
10-04-2006, 11:00 PM
title edit

mastcell
10-06-2007, 08:51 PM
If you have access to compress air, use that to blow out the water from the plug holes.

dudeling7
10-06-2007, 09:07 PM
yeh if you can find away to get the water out to prevent this from happening again. as mastcell said try use a air compresor if there is water inside the holes.

hope its gone for good :)

LiL FiLo
17-06-2007, 01:58 PM
yeah def what mastcell said, if you know someone with aircompressor should be great, if not just go into your local jaycar or dicksmith and buy a can of compressed air, prob bout $10 a can