PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on JBL gear

Fr3aKi3
10-04-2006, 11:07 AM
I just got my 99 civic sedan on saturday but so far i've got the following installed:

JVC KD-XHS855 headunit
Digital Designs C4 amp
Pioneer TS-D691S rear fill

Looking at possibly getting a set of JBL 608GTi splits since i can get a fairly decent price on these. I was also planning on getting JBL W12GTi sub as well.

If anyone has had any experience with these products, any info would be great!!

Slow96GSR
10-04-2006, 02:38 PM
I ran a JBL sub in a friends car and it was good for $50 USD back in 1999. They are alright. I like what I have. Let your ear decide though.

Bluish
10-04-2006, 02:55 PM
JBL speakers are decent, but there are still plenty of other speakers available, worth go out have a look and listen to as many pairs as you can, but keep in mind that they might sound different to what you hear from the demo boards. Factors like types of cables you use, placement of tweeters, enclosures design and sound deadening. Speak to your installer on what kind of enclosure you need as it depends on what type of music u listen to as well.

FLiP86
10-04-2006, 05:40 PM
i got 2 12" JBL's in my sedan they are absolutley MAD, i can't remember wat model they are but i bought them few years back and are still kicking hard hooked them up with 2 MTX mono block amps (recomended by MTX themself 1 for each sub) in a sealed box and a $200 amp kit (got hooked up so didn't pay $200 i aint no fool!)....u can't go wrong!

DC5TYPER
19-04-2006, 06:16 PM
JBL :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Big thumps up. GTi Range is TOP Qaulity stuff. Expensive too. They Entry Level stuff the GTO Range beats most Japanese Mid Range level products. I've got the JBL 500GTi Midranges. 5" Woofer that take 200wRMS at 4Ohm. When connected at a certain cross-over frequency. :D You'll also need big amp power to run those GTi splits. W12GTi dual 3ohm Paper with Kevler Impregnanted Cone. Tough stuff 800wRMS. :wave: Mad looking Sub. Definately top qaulity products. I know cos I sell it everyday. :cool:

EGB16A
19-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Junk...
But
Loud
:cool:

i've hear some jbl subs and jbl speakers before, and they sounded good. All their products seem to be pretty solid and offer good performance. For the money, IMO i'd consider other brands first though

CRXY01
19-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Well JBL have been making concert, night club, and home theater speakers for many years. They are one of the more respected brands in this area. JBL have been the car audio scene for a few years now, they are producing some really decent products. I think they are also reasonably good value for money. It really depends on what type of music and sound you like, I personal prefer the sound of most European speakers as I find the sound reproduction much more balanced.

Fr3aKi3
19-04-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm leaning towards something along the lines of either Focal, Rainbow, Morel, Digital Designs or MB quart.

Just wanted an opinion of JBL gear, so thanks for the input people.

:D

mojo the flashy monkey
20-04-2006, 01:51 AM
gooooo Rainbow :D

integraz
20-04-2006, 08:05 AM
seeing that you have fairly decent stuff, i reckon you should either go DD or image dynamics.
But whats your budget and what are u after just plain loud, spl, sq?

EGB16A
20-04-2006, 11:29 AM
I'm leaning towards something along the lines of either Focal, Rainbow, Morel, Digital Designs or MB quart.

Just wanted an opinion of JBL gear, so thanks for the input people.

:D

if your talkking about getting high end brands like those, i would be considering JBL..

and you have one vote for MB quarts from me, i loved my last pair, they were awsome :thumbsup: