PDA

View Full Version : Pedders spriongs and shocks.

nugget666
12-04-2006, 12:42 PM
I have been ringing around geting quotes.

This has been my best so far.

pedders springs 320$ about 40mm drop

and pedders sports rider shocks. 800$

with struts and a wheel alignment.

But i am just geting hte parts and going to get my dad to install them. saves on there 400$ labour costs. but they said they will throw in the wheel alignment free 80$

So would you guys think this is a good deal? would you be purchasing htis for the price?

Zdster
12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
A few things. Search through some of the older posts about the pedders gear.

IMHO, for a fraction more (like $100-200) you would be able to get a decent set of coilovers that are height and damper adjustable. I would steer away from the pedders stuff (but that is personal preference - PM me if you want to know more).

BIG`O
12-04-2006, 02:03 PM
coilovers - do it right the first time!

SiReal
12-04-2006, 02:10 PM
not everyone wants to run coilovers though. I'm planning to run shocks and springs soon. Sure its more of a hassle in terms of adjustment, but who adjusts their car on a daily basis anyway? Go through a trader on OH. might get a better deal. your car is common , so i'm sure u'll get 2nd hand bits popping up alot. unlike mine (nothing has been sold for my car since i joined) almost...

Zdster
12-04-2006, 02:20 PM
not everyone wants to run coilovers though. I'm planning to run shocks and springs soon. Sure its more of a hassle in terms of adjustment, but who adjusts their car on a daily basis anyway? Go through a trader on OH. might get a better deal. your car is common , so i'm sure u'll get 2nd hand bits popping up alot. unlike mine (nothing has been sold for my car since i joined) almost...

While I do agree with you, if we are looking at prices for springs/shocks those posted above are only slightly cheaper than a set of coilovers.

In my opinion, I would be searching more widely into other companies who produce similar if not better products/services than those listed. This will not only save you time and money but you will be happier in the end.

Dylanamus
12-04-2006, 03:47 PM
My friend's GL is equipped with pedders springs and shocks and it hugs the road like a slotcar and is so slammed that we had to remove the front bashplate because it was so buggered and scraped everything. Don't go for maximum lower lol Personally, I have Tein SS coilovers on their way over from Japan. I suggest having a search in the trader forum for "coilovers". One of the traders regularly imports new and used japanese sets for your car. You could pay the same as Pedders for coilovers if you were patient enough...

[[d a n n y]]
12-04-2006, 04:15 PM
i have pedders springs over stock shocks
it's not as stiff as some other shoocks but.
the handling is recomended.
i have nothing against the pedders

nugget666
12-04-2006, 05:15 PM
ok well.

I think i will get springs from pedders as i want the 40mm drop. superlows is to low and lows is not low enough.

Quickfit said they can do monroe shocks for 650$ front and rear.

Does this sound like a better setup?

I dont wish to go coilovers. seems to much of a hassle.

e240
12-04-2006, 05:23 PM
not everyone wants to run coilovers though.

All the suspensions in the EG/Ek civics are coilovers...even the stock ones.
It just depends if you wanted ADJUSTABLE coilovers.

IMO, Pedders are overpriced and overrated.

Zdster
12-04-2006, 05:41 PM
ok well.

I think i will get springs from pedders as i want the 40mm drop. superlows is to low and lows is not low enough.

Quickfit said they can do monroe shocks for 650$ front and rear.

Does this sound like a better setup?

I dont wish to go coilovers. seems to much of a hassle.

Not really a hassle, but fair enough. I would look at a set of koni's personally. They are a well known brand that have been widely applied.

e240
12-04-2006, 05:46 PM
^ That statement really depends on what you call coilovers. If it is just matching a shock with a spring then you are correct, however for most people they are referring to a different sort of setup when they refer to coilovers - so please make that clear.

A coilover is simply a suspension setup where the shock sit within the spring.

Most people throw the term coilover as opposed to the stock setup because they don't know any better and just because they don't know any better doesn't mean I have to follow on blindly.

I have also in my post clarified that they are referring to an ADJUSTABLE coilover. How much more clearer do you want that?

nugget666
12-04-2006, 05:58 PM
ok so say 1000$ for springs and shocks.. i will get my dad to put in himself (he is a mechanic)

would there be another brand i could get instead of monroe? for around the same price.

would monroe plus pedders springs setup last? Im really after a budget lowering combo but somthing that will last.

Zdster
12-04-2006, 06:06 PM
A coilover is simply a suspension setup where the shock sit within the spring.

Most people throw the term coilover as opposed to the stock setup because they don't know any better and just because they don't know any better doesn't mean I have to follow on blindly.

I have also in my post clarified that they are referring to an ADJUSTABLE coilover. How much more clearer do you want that?

nugget666
12-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Can we stick to my topic and not argue ... :P

Zdster
12-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Sorry, my fault.

Try PMing Trav (egSi) as he will be able to give you the price on a set of koni's (they also make matching springs).

nugget666
12-04-2006, 06:16 PM
done that just before.

I pmed him about a 40mm spring or a imbetween lwo and super low springs and a pair of matching shocks