PDA

View Full Version : Hondata or E-Manage???

TECDUP
12-04-2006, 11:58 PM
what should i use for in my dc2??? its still early stages but im planning to upgrade my ecu at the end of the year so some tuning can be done and im doing my homework about it now.
By then i will have a full exhaust system, my cold air intake, and valve springs

I am having to choose between the G-Reddy E-Manage system or Hondata, not many ppl can tell me about the Hondata so if anyone has experience it would be perfect let me know. Apexi Power fc has now been added, tell me what you think about the three and which would be better

Help me out and let me know what you would choose and why it is better than the other
Thanks

Slow96GSR
13-04-2006, 04:55 AM
I picked Hondata because that's the nicer unit. Also just wondering why no one wants the AEM EMS? I know it might be a little more then the Hondata but you get more too. Hondata you have to buy all the mods seperate, AEM EMS they come with it all at once. Just wondering!

tinkerbell
13-04-2006, 10:45 AM
AEM EMS is heaps more expensive than Hondata...

Hondata over greddy, as it is so much more tunable and is designed for Honda...

saxman
13-04-2006, 11:04 AM
no comparison... hondata is leagues ahead of the emanage

bennjamin
13-04-2006, 11:05 AM
any thoughts of a power FC too ? in comparison to say a hondata setup...

sever_all_ties
13-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah i would suggest looking at a power fc too. I think there would be a fair few more power fc tuners than hondata tuners out there.

TECDUP
13-04-2006, 08:53 PM
whats power fc??? who makes it and why do you suggest it over hondata or e-manage

Alfred_DC5R
13-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Apexi makes the power fc, cant say if its beter then hondata as i havnt had any experiences with them.

whats power fc??? who makes it and why do you suggest it over hondata or e-manage

TECDUP
13-04-2006, 08:59 PM
so power fc is another piggy back ecu???
is hondata a piggy back, i cant remember, i know e-manage is

Alfred_DC5R
13-04-2006, 09:10 PM
which hondata are we talking about? I THINK the k100 version is a piggyback and k-pro isnt.

TECDUP
13-04-2006, 09:16 PM
i havnt got that far into hondata, i just thought i would see what everyone thought before i did some searching of my own........looking for real life experience.
anyways...which is better recomended??? e-manage, hondata, or power fc and y???

MRJDM
17-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Hondata is not a piggy back system what so ever, the s100 s200 s300 k100 and kpro are all stand alone systems. The confusion comes because hondata in some cases is designed and built around the factory Honda ECU. Hondata uses the standard ECU and turn’s it into a fully tunable ECU. It does not cut or intercept any wires or singles and is fully plug and play. Emanage on the other hand cuts into the wiring harness and intercepts singles and bends inputs and output voltages to fool the standard ECU and Engine into doing things above and beyond normal operating.
In most cars from 1996 onwards hondata provides full plug and play FULL ECU replacement ECU’s its only the pre 1996 cars where the standard ECU is upgraded which makes it a very cost effective solution.

TECDUP
18-04-2006, 09:28 PM
well i have a 1994 vtir integra.......would hondata be a problem for me to install, when i say problem i mean ka-ching $$$$$

MRJDM
18-04-2006, 09:31 PM
u have pm