PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Relocating Earth

Chris_F
13-04-2006, 09:57 AM
As some of you know i have the gruppeM Intake. When installed, the clearence with the battery earthing is basically non-existant. There was a gap when i first installed it, but now the shielding has settled into place it is actually hitting directly on the bolt which holds the earthing cable in place.

so in short: Is there somewhere else in the engine bay i could possibly attatch the battery grounding too? (I'll be testing some spots out myself, but looking for suggestions)

Thanks

EuroDude
13-04-2006, 11:07 AM
It might be a good idea to leave it where it is since the shorter the earth cable is - the better/safer, especially if you have a decent car audio setup.

Maybe you can add a piece of foam or something under the bolt to act as an insulator?

Slow96GSR
13-04-2006, 11:53 AM
We try to keep it under 16" (40.5cm) but it can go anythere there it a bolt hole or something metal to be attached too. You can make your own spot but that means you'll need to sand a small area to bare metal for a good connection.

joyride
13-04-2006, 12:11 PM
also spray paint over the bolt once its connected to the bare metal so it does not rust later on :)

ek4-guy
13-04-2006, 12:15 PM
go get some welder earth cable if you gona make it longer

Chris_F
13-04-2006, 04:36 PM
no intention of really making it longer... i only need to move it a few mm to stop having the problem. And i have the stock stereo now so no worry about that really.

I'll see what i can do... luckily it's only touching/rubbing in the rubber surround not the CF of the intake. Thanks for all the help thus far :thumbsup: