PDA

View Full Version : seat covers

tar
24-04-2004, 11:08 PM
hi

i'm looking at getting seat covers for a 2000 civic gli, stock seats etc...

anyone got anything against already fitted seat covers from a regular auto acessories shop?

thanks.

AC
24-04-2004, 11:14 PM
yes! they don't fit. i bought a couple and had to return them cos they were still floppy and sorta loose. but that was for a stock EG seat. so it might be different in ur case.

in the end i gave up and just went for the AXS seat covers :D

tar
24-04-2004, 11:38 PM
ah well, i guess i'll try them out, they are quite cheap, i can take them back if they don't fit

yes! they don't fit. i bought a couple and had to return them cos they were still floppy and sorta loose. but that was for a stock EG seat. so it might be different in ur case.

in the end i gave up and just went for the AXS seat covers :D

toE
24-04-2004, 11:58 PM
frankly, what's the point of getting seat covers?? arent ur seats already covered??

mo
25-04-2004, 12:17 AM
frankly, what's the point of getting seat covers?? arent ur seats already covered??

maybe he wants to keep the stock seats in immaculate condition ??

or maybe he just wants nice red seat covers :P

Bumble B
25-04-2004, 12:19 AM
I don't have the same civic as you, but the ones I bought for mine fit nicely. Where are you located? PM if you're in Sydney, I can send photos/tell you the name of the shop where I got mine from..and they fit them on for you too! :)

A'PEXi
25-04-2004, 12:47 AM
you can get them made to suit your car if your willing to pay... ones from accessory shops do the job, but like someone said, your not going to get a perfect fit.

tar
25-04-2004, 01:03 AM

maybe he wants to keep the stock seats in immaculate condition ??

or maybe he just wants nice red seat covers :P

nah i want to keep them in good condition, i'm a messy person :)

tar
25-04-2004, 01:05 AM
you can get them made to suit your car if your willing to pay... ones from accessory shops do the job, but like someone said, your not going to get a perfect fit.

yah, i figured that, but i was just wondering if anyone knew of any particular brands etc that worked for them

kimbi
25-04-2004, 01:33 AM
yeah i got those aAXS ones ($45ea).. oh and my purpose for them was to 'protect the seats so drinks ect wont stain the seat'... :P hahaha i got frikkin WHITE covers and within the first week of having them someone sat in the passgengers seat with a blue pen in their back pocket.. :(

god bless mommys who can get stains out!

the AXS ones are a little floppy but when they "wear in" (after a few weeks of sitting on them) they look good.

fusion_VTi
25-04-2004, 12:10 PM
i got frikkin WHITE covers and within the first week of having them someone sat in the passgengers seat with a blue pen in their back pocket.. :(

god bless mommys who can get stains out!

haha i know how you feel man i got the exact same ones. they look mad for seat covers but expensive, lucky i got mine $50 for two :D

Krim
25-04-2004, 02:06 PM
got some pics and links for where they can be bought ?

Id like to get some seat covers also so i can keep the seats looking good when i sell the car. :)