PDA

View Full Version : DC5R brakes on EG Civic

spetz
15-04-2006, 01:15 AM
A friend wants to put a K20A into his civic.
And, the mechanic he is talking to said that the DC5R brakes can't be put onto the EG civic.
Now, I have seen a DC2R with DC5R brakes, 5 stud conversion and wheels on.

What is the go? Can this or can't this be done?

Paul1985
15-04-2006, 10:52 PM
i read somewhere it cant be done (at least not easily! most things can be done with money). Im not all that sure though... i do recall someone saying it cant be done because of it being double wishbone suspension although i myself dont understand this too well.

JDM only 98+ ITR 5-lug brakes will work on the EG along with the stock K-series axles. As will other brake setups with aftermarket axles for the K-series setup. If you didnt wanna go with aftermarket axles or cant find a JDM 98+ 5-lug conversion, you can use k-series inner axles with b-series outer axles (combined together). This seems to be a popular option now and supposedly they are just as strong as aftermarket axles.

I hope this helps at least a little?
Maybe someone can give you more info on the DC5 brakes on an EG. Ive never heard of it being done, thats for sure.

z3lda
16-04-2006, 11:39 AM
ITR can be either AUDM or JDM . it doesnt have to be ONLY JDM

zco
16-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Now, I have seen a DC2R with DC5R brakes, 5 stud conversion and wheels on.

now why would someone with a DC2R do a 5stud conversion ?:confused: how do you know they were dc5r brakes?

Paul1985
16-04-2006, 12:56 PM
ITR can be either AUDM or JDM . it doesnt have to be ONLY JDM
Not when wanting to use stock K-series axles with an ITR brake setup.
JDM 98+ 5-lug conversions have a 36mm hub which is a perfect fitment for the K-series 36mm axles. AUDM/USDM and earlier JDM ITR brake setups all have a 32mm hub.

You can use any ITR brake setup if you want, but if you get a set with a 32mm hub you are going to have to use either aftermarket axles or use an OEM Combo (K-series inners and B-series outers). The b-series outers are obviously 32mm. I myself doubt the reliability of modifiying the axles this way but i havent heard of any issues with it and alot of people are doing it now.

[[d a n n y]]
16-04-2006, 01:07 PM
isnt the stock DC5R brakes sitting position is opposite to the DC2R?
which means
DC5R's calipers are at the back of the rotors and the DC2R is at the front of the rotors

spetz
16-04-2006, 02:55 PM
hmmm,
To be honest the reason I automatically assumed it had DC5R brakes was because of the wheels (from the DC5R) and it had 5 studs.
But now that someone has mentioned it, the DC2R has 5 stud as well, just the normal DC2's have 4 stud?

Do DC5R wheels fit straight onto the DC2R?

How good are the DC2R brakes on an EG with K20A?

[[d a n n y]]
16-04-2006, 04:13 PM
nope
VTIR and GSi have 4 stud
yes DC5R wheels fit DC2R

spetz
16-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Oh ok, then it would be just DC5R wheels on DC2R

Sorry, when I saw the car I just automatically assumed it had DC5R everything...