PDA

View Full Version : Key cover

geo41e
25-04-2004, 12:17 PM
hey dudes, i gotta the eg civic, but the key i got with it is just bare metal n ugly. issit possible to get that plastic Honda cover u find on the newer hondas such as the V6 accord and stuff??

2MPRSS
26-04-2004, 06:37 PM
did it can be done i got mine cromed the other day the dude airbrushed my plates on the key ring too :D

oh and by the way my mate did it 4 me he has got the tools to do them so i duno where u can get them done go to a key shop lol :P

Chi
26-04-2004, 06:43 PM
hey 2MPRSS, can u throw my keys from my house to urs and can u do it for me? lol

kimbi
26-04-2004, 06:57 PM
ergh i have an EK and the keys are shite.. theyre rubbery and all falling apart because they stretch when you push them out of the ignition.. how much are they to replace? i want new ones.. my current ones look so welfare!!! :evil:

mo
26-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Kimbi, with the EK, I think your going to have to go to honda dealer to get a new one because I think the imobillisor chip is inside that black rubber thingy.

geo41e
26-04-2004, 07:04 PM
mine doesn't have the imob thingy....i just wnt that plastic cover thingy

[[d a n n y]]
26-04-2004, 07:17 PM
i got plastic thing around them...

A'PEXi
26-04-2004, 07:19 PM
just buy another key, and have it cut.....

2MPRSS
26-04-2004, 07:24 PM
hey 2MPRSS, can u throw my keys from my house to urs and can u do it for me? lol
haha bro how about u chuck ur keys to my house im not a very good at throwing things lol and il get it done 4 :D

saboteur
26-04-2004, 09:16 PM
ergh i have an EK and the keys are shite.. theyre rubbery and all falling apart because they stretch when you push them out of the ignition.. how much are they to replace? i want new ones.. my current ones look so welfare!!! :evil:

From memory around $200 because they need to be reprogrammed. I didn't know there was anything under the rubber and I ripped it off one of my keys, now I've got electrical tape holding the security chip in, it looks really dodgy. :oops:

mo
26-04-2004, 09:45 PM

From memory around $200 because they need to be reprogrammed. I didn't know there was anything under the rubber and I ripped it off one of my keys, now I've got electrical tape holding the security chip in, it looks really dodgy. :oops:

Hahahah bad luck mate. Yea I at first thought that there wouldn't be anything underneath it as well but when I thought about the imobillisor thing I was like...hrmm better not try :P

kimbi
26-04-2004, 10:53 PM
aaahh MoFo!! Why did honda make the crappy rubber stuff for my set of keys :( hehehe.. well i already taped my dogdy key up about a week ago.. good thing i did that instead of rip it apart.. my "good key" (the second set) was in perfect condition up until a month or so ago when i let someone borrow my car and gave them that key..

damn, looks like ill be stuck with this welfare looking key.. hehehe $200 is damn steep. My moms new astra with the immboliser and central locking is only $80 for a new key.. DaMn!