PDA

View Full Version : Respray changing car colour???

b18c7dc2
16-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey guys, just wondering about spray painting a car a whole new colour?? what is a good reasonable price. The car i might be getting done is maybe a em1 (civic 99 coupe). Dark Metalic green into Championship white.

Should everything be stripped when re painting the whole car???? eg. engine? interior to get the paint into everything??

What are my options???

What should I ask for when getting a qoute?? and how long does it normaly take???

Thanks guys

Zdster
16-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi there,

You have asked some good questions. The price will depend on the quality and the extent of the job. Expect to pay at a minimum a couple of thousand and goes up from there pending quality.

To respray a car you can fully rip it apart (taking out engine, interior, glass etc) or they can simply mask over parts. You can also have it done so that the painter does not touch the engine bay or door trims which will save on cost (however it means that you have a number of different colours).

Changing colours from a dark to a lighter colour will also mean more preperation work and potentially more coats of paint.

I would ask around for a number of different quotes and ask for recommendations from local people so that you ensure a good job.

Hope that helps.

b18c7dc2
16-04-2006, 09:02 PM
yeah, i'd think i'll do the engine and inside the doors too man... it would look to wierd if the car is white with dark green inside in the engine bay and doors!!!

What garrentee do you have that when people strip the car eg. Seats, plastic, engine, that they wont break off any clips, or they wont put it together again properly, then u get the car back looking fine, but with RATTLES EVERYWHERE on bumpy roads. That would be one of my biggest concerns!!!

Zdster
16-04-2006, 09:09 PM
yeah, i'd think i'll do the engine and inside the doors too man... it would look to wierd if the car is white with dark green inside in the engine bay and doors!!!

What garrentee do you have that when people strip the car eg. Seats, plastic, engine, that they wont break off any clips, or they wont put it together again properly, then u get the car back looking fine, but with RATTLES EVERYWHERE on bumpy roads. That would be one of my biggest concerns!!!

From what I have seen/read, most people that have there car pulled apart for paint usually do it themselves.

If you get the painter to warrentee their work, then you might also be able to get them to dismantle and put back together your car.

notorious_ahmie
17-04-2006, 10:50 AM
was gonna say u can go to my guy but hes in syd..for a full respray of ur car in and out its 2.5k and 500 for eng bay..includes all panell damage that he repairs as well

he takes apart the panels and doors n sprays everything off the car..which is wat most painters sh0uld do

fatboyz39
17-04-2006, 04:10 PM
green??? lol