PDA

View Full Version : EURO Disappointment!!

GEN46L
17-04-2006, 09:28 AM
I've just gone through the fist five pages and 95% of the posts are from EURO owners complaining about problems they have.:eek:
This has totally changed my view on them. I was looking to updating to a EURO but I think I might keep my Modded 92 CB7 Accord. This is quite an eye opening experience. Is HONDA Australia aware of this problem or are EURO Owners just too fussy.
Man, the car industry as a whole is in big trouble if the Best Model Car on the Planet (IMHO) is having problems.
I'm keeping my options open but this hasn't helped. Maybe a 2006 Odyssey is on the cards.:cool:

Felix
17-04-2006, 09:51 AM
dude even ferrari's still have some minor problems...
Everyone i know who owns a Euro loves it.

Q_ball
17-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Its important to weigh out the positives with the negatives!
Im sure you'll find that the Euro has more pros then cons :)

|N|
17-04-2006, 09:54 AM
have u driven one yet???

so u expect a car to be in 100% perfect condition?

albii
17-04-2006, 09:55 AM
right on shit........
nothing wrong with my euro.......everyone else is just a bitch

Peekay34
17-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Every car has problems or perceived problems. The Euro is a great car it is better value than even more expensive models. I love driving the car. You could be a lot worse off with something else.

pepelepew
17-04-2006, 10:20 AM
I dont quite understand how you can reach that conclusion....

I dont currently have a Honda of any description, and Ive read tons of stuff in here. But I read it with the perspective that people come on here and will specifically post if they have issues. They wont specifically post if they dont however, so seeing a ratio of good to bad is an impossible task.

Recent post on an LS1 forum I normally haunt, asking about common problems with a certain model results in people posting up THEIR problems, and they're very few. But they're not answering the question, COMMON problems. And misleading people. That there molehill AINT a mountain so to speak.

So IMHO whilst there is the odd issue in here with the Euro, there is
a) nothing earthshaking
b) nothing to indicate my car wont be 100%

And I continue to look at the Euro.. :)

GEN46L
17-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Oh Shit looks like I've hit a nerve. Fragile little petals aren't we.

I suppose people only complain when they have a problem.
I don't expect them to be perfect as that would be an impossibility. Fancy comparing a Honda to a Ferrari. Jap car's are way more reliable that Italian cars.
I was just saying that I changed my view on them, a view which I held very highly as I have "Driven" the model Numerous times. That was the idea of the post to see what reaction I got. If it was a honest one or a blinkered one.
I now know what that reaction is.

Chris_F
17-04-2006, 11:04 AM
As everyone else has said... no car is 100% perfect. And people are more likely to post if they think the car has a problem then if they are having a great time enjoying it.

Ask any euro owner on this forum and nearly 100% will say they are happy with their purchase... me included

coladuna
17-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Who would bother constantly posting threads titled "I love my car" one after the other. Nobody would ever come to the forum.
It is a given that most Euro owners are happy with their car. Otherwise, they would not keep it let alone visit forums.
For one, I only post if i have a problem I need to sort out or need help with, which could explain why you'd only see negative posts about the car.

Felix
17-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Oh Shit looks like I've hit a nerve. Fragile little petals aren't we.

hit a nerve? where?

TwEigh
17-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I bet u just cant afford them :p

Fr3aKi3
17-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Oh Shit looks like I've hit a nerve. Fragile little petals aren't we. [A little bit ignorant aren't we?, judging a car before experiencing it]

I suppose people only complain when they have a problem.
I don't expect them to be perfect as that would be an impossibility. Fancy comparing a Honda to a Ferrari. Jap car's are way more reliable that Italian cars.
I was just saying that I changed my view on them, a view which I held very highly as I have "Driven" the model Numerous times. That was the idea of the post to see what reaction I got. If it was a honest one or a blinkered one.
I now know what that reaction is.

People do only complain when they have a problem, there isn't a need to make threads to justify the purchase of a euro (The awards it has are proof enough not to mention articles comparing it more expensive german rivals and coming out on top).

I don't think you've hit a nerve, its more like people do not understand your logic. For example to say that Japanese car's are more reliable than Italian, given that it may be true; have you taking into consideration the cost? The Euro is a 40 odd thousand dollar car, a Ferrari is at least 6 times more costly yet its less reliable? So what I understand from that its ok for a more expensive car to be unreliable but its catastrophically disasterous if a cheaper car has issues? Don't get me wrong mate, i'm not having a go at you personally (well mayb the ignorant comment was... lol) and if it seems like i'm putting words in your mouth i appologise. It's just that i don't seem to understand your logic.

Let's put it into perspective, when you purchased your cb7 accord. Why did you choose Accord over a Camry or a Mazda 626? Was it because of all the awards it won? I don't think that model of accord had many awards under its name at the time (i'm not too sure about this so please correct me if i'm wrong). May be you just preferred the accord AFTER you drove it.

My suggestion is, before you decide to bag out a car go for a test drive. See why people like the car and why people don't like the car, then judge for yourself. If the car is as bad as you say then there must be thousand upon thousands of idiots out there who are willing to pay 33-43k for an inferior car, because Euro's seem to be a very common sight on the roads.

If you want to upgrade to a Euro then go to a dealership and take one for a test drive. If you decide not to test drive it simply just because of what you've read on the internet, then it's your loss not ours. You've read all the threads about the complaints about the Euro but have you seen a thread in which the owner regretted getting the car? There are probably a couple of these threads, but then again there are hundreds more thread with happy owners.

German companies such as AUDI, BMW, and Mercedes are said to be at the top the game when it comes to technology, safety and quality. If that's true then why did the sales for mercedes slump? Why are there issues witht he electronics? Recently i went with a mate to pick up an M3 which had an issue with its SMG gearbox, personally i would've expected an M3 to not have any gearbox issues but that doesn't stop me from wanting one.

My point being, there is no such things as the perfect car or a car that doesn't have any issues for that matter. The german companies supposedly make the best cars in the world, funny how an Accord Euro Luxruy was picked over a Audi A4 in a head to head comparison in a article in Wheels or Motor magazine.

Take a step back and think about what you need from a car, since you said that an 06 odyssey might be on your shortlist. They are 2 distinctyly different cars so see what your needs are, take a test drive in both cars and see which fills your needs better or gives you a better feeling when driving it. The oddysey has won it's share of awards as well, so either car would be a good choice. Personally i think the Odyssey should've had a bigger engine or at least have more power considering that it is a 7seater MPV but at least it does look very sleek for a people mover.

ends rant/essay.

pepelepew
17-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Odd post from a 43 yr old mechanic/workshop owner.....

I'm surprised you'd give so much credence to what you read on the internet if you have that sort of experience behind you....

EK9
17-04-2006, 01:23 PM
^^^ Wow, way to prove a point. :thumbsup: You've covered everything, wot's the point of me typing? :D Hehehe...

Yeh, Euro's are great cars... but then again everyone/everything has it's lil problems. Like they say, "don't judge a book by it's problems". Err, yeah... :p

EuroDude
17-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Dude its a forum where people ask questions about a problem so off course there are going to be 95% negative issues. They dont post questions like:

Hi my Euro is perfect but I want my door handle to rattle, could you tell me how to mod my door handle? :p

ngupil
17-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Nothing is perfect in this world, not humans, not cars, nothing. If you want to complain about euro, there are lots to be complaint, but it downs to what you want. if you want a very fast car, go for subaru or m3 or amg's, euro is slow compared to those cars. if you want technological advance cars, buy mercedez or BMWs, coz euro from the stone age if you compare it to them. For me euro is the perfect car for me. it has the looks, the price suits in my budget, power wise its okay, basically everything. thats why i bought euro

Alpine
17-04-2006, 04:15 PM
The Euro is a good car but I wouldn't call it a "great" car...

We found it underpowered despite its 140kw and somewhat lacking in torque down low and not exactly generous room in the back. You gotta keep it revving high up to get the go and that gets tiresome after a while, and noise insulation is liveable but not exactly what I expected of a car of this price. That was why we got the 3.0 V6 Accord Luxury in the end. Effortless power, lots of space, and much quieter.

Speeder
17-04-2006, 05:00 PM
As some of us already said, no cars are perfect. Exactly the same cars are never built exactly the same, every car from the same production line can differ. However, in saying this, Euro is a hell of a lot better in terms of quality and the price then the European counterparts, and lets not forget, the Japanese are still no.1 when it comes to reliability.

albii
17-04-2006, 06:00 PM
hey GEN46L..who gives a shit..

panda[cRx]
17-04-2006, 06:04 PM
good post fr3aki3

and working in a honda service dept there are very little 'common problems' with the euro. the only one i can think of off the top of my head would be some cars had some brake shudder issues but that has now been rectified.

the accord vti/v6 on the other hand have had a few issues mainly relating to squeeking interiors, kick panels in LHF footwell coming loose, problems with tint being scratched from the door internals and a few other issues

and dude honda australia is more than aware of any issues people may have with their whole range :wave:

aaronng
17-04-2006, 06:48 PM
It's because the Euro threads are recent, so they are first on the list.

Let me give you my answer. Euro owners are picky. Civic owners who sat in my car said that it was so quiet, while I was pointing out the rattles. So my "rattles" is equivalent to a Civic's quiet.

What other problems are there that are specific to the Euro? The clutch creak is on the old civic, accord and integras.

Butso
17-04-2006, 08:52 PM
*Please do not spam in the Accord forum. Do so in the lounge* (aaronng)

ECU-MAN
17-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Have a Cry !

Spammer

euro's rock, I would highly recomend them to anyone
I find I tend to hit revlimiter to much, I am used to a higher reving B16A, you can hardly tell its time to shif when going by rev sound :(, I need to drive it more.

thats my gripe,

like I said above, they rock

GEN46L
17-04-2006, 09:34 PM
wot's the point of me typing? :D Hehehe...

:p

I agree Mr President. :confused:

Any More Constructive Criticism Ladies:)

yourfather
17-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I think that you should formulate your own opinion for everything, and do your own investigating.

Too many people out there just think, oh ABC is crap because everyone thinks so.

E.g. Remember when WRX's first came out, and Wheels and Motor magazines used to say "IT DOESNT UNDERSTEER" well, maybe compared to Falcodore barges it doesnt understeer, but yeah, it certainly DOES understeer.

Formulate your own opinions my friend. :)

I think the Euro's are a great buy.

pepelepew
18-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Reading comments elsewhere on this forum I think we're taking this post farrr too seriously.....

Pumped
18-04-2006, 11:50 AM
No complaints from me :D:D:D

blueeuro
18-04-2006, 12:19 PM
People generally only post about issues, because that's what they need help with.

If we all posted constantly about how good they were, people wouild think we were on some sort of kick back with Honda.

I have no complaints about my Euro.

Slugoid
18-04-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm curious as to exactly what these problems are on the Euro.

Edit: wooosa....ignore GEN46L

albii
18-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah, the Euro is pretty shoddy in terms of quality. I've had mine for over 2 years and it didn't have any problems. I thrashed it all the time and to my disappointment, it was still running perfectly. I'm pretty disappointed overall with them in terms of reliability. Maybe you should consider the Hyundai Sonata or Kia Optima as they are much better cars.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No car is perfect, and no mass produced car is defect free. I'm curious as to exactly what these "major problems" on the Euro are. No, I don't think the Euro is the best car around, but they are far from unreliable or suffer from major problem or defects.
don't even worry about it man..the guy obviously has a very low IQ.

EuroDude
18-04-2006, 06:21 PM
I cant believe this thread is still open, I mean the Euro is quite possibly Honda best ever car.

The reason there are so many Euro posts is because Honda are selling them by the bucket load. Based on Sept 04 figures:

\Per Month:
Accord Euro 930
Integra 33
Legend 2
S2000 3
MDX 38
Accord Blando 167
Civic 457
Jazz 668
Hybrid 23
Odyssey 410

I mean look at the Jazz section - its more popular than this section plus there are many more problems people are experiencing...

(yeah 20 months ago but figures are similar now)

sodaz
18-04-2006, 06:52 PM
I've had one for a year or so and it's given me no problems so far.

jacks1
18-04-2006, 06:54 PM
My Euro has a few rattles and quibbles but even after 18 months of ownership I still smile every time I drive. I have also had the opportunity to drive and be driven in a few "prestige" marks (including European) and all cars have minor issues with them - I still prefer my Euro over anything else on the market at the moment. In fact, my car is leased and every three years like clockwork i replace my car (often before the lease expires) and I am seriously thinking about buying my Euro out at the end. I have sold two Euros to a friend and family member after they drove mine. This could have been dangerous for the relationships because they bought on my recommendation but both are very happy europhiles. Lucky me got the $250 finders fee from the dealer for each.
This thread was obviously designed to get owners backs up and of course Euro owners will respond - not because we are blinded or feel we have to justify our purchase but because the Euro is a good car and doesn't deserve this useless flack. Also I am sure we all had the choice of others makes and models but chose the Euro for the package it offers - not because we think it is a perfect car that is fault free. I dont worship a Euro shrine or pray to the Honda God. I drive a good car and enjoy every moment - the door rattles and other annoyances are a very minor price to pay. Ignorant / uninformed comments drive me nuts and i had to have my two cents worth. I apologise for extending this baseless thread further.

euro77
18-04-2006, 10:01 PM
I had a chance to rent Mitsubishi 380 on my recent trip to Adelaide (was flying there, hence the rent car), and I can say the euro is a much better handling car compared to 380. The 380's rear end feels wobbly, has shitty brakes & easily overheat (maybe because of rent car though), and the cruise control struggle to keep the car at constant speed on incline, and just let it go (not braking or anything) on decline.

Omotesando
19-04-2006, 01:00 AM
I don't think anyone had never complained about a car they have owned in their lifetime!

However, I got to say the Euro is the car that has impressed me the most, ever.
Generally speaking.

The quality of finish and the engineers' afterthoughts on everything inside the car is so high - it is better than most European counterparts.

If it has that 1-light-on option for use in dark areas, also TV option, around 15% more low-mid-range torque or even a 6 Cylinders with around 206KW, and dare I say Rear Wheel Drive - and if being sold for roughly $50000-55000, I don't see why this car wouldn't be stealing all the sales from BMW or Mercedes and also Lexus.

Look at how well the IS250 is selling. Honda can do that for a cheaper price and similar quality I think. Not to mention Honda's engines are better than Toyota's when comparing Paper KW vs Actual performance for some unknown reason.

Euro's engine is a gem in any sense. There is no better 4 cylinder NA out there which is better, including the Integra or S2000 engines which are way too peaky. We just need a 6 or V6!

yfin
19-04-2006, 01:14 AM
don't even worry about it man..the guy obviously has a very low IQ.

I don't think we need to go that far. If everyone takes the time to read this long thread you will see who gen46L is (also posting as SukMeiDik (http://member.php?u=9732) in that thread)

link (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42007)

oh and here is the apology to be fair - link (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42179)

Not sure whether he is deliberately stirring the accord forum or not ("fragile little petals" comment is one indicator) - either way he probably likes the reaction he has received to this thread so far.

Slugoid
19-04-2006, 03:58 AM
The title and content of his first post is clearly shit stiring. Post that kinda stuff on any make specific forums and you'll get the same response. Constructive criticism....err, depends on how you interpret his post and a lot of people, like me, got the wrong idea. It's criticism alright, but constructive?? If he was constructive, he would have mentioned at least one of these so called "problems".

This is a very poorly executed excercise imo. With a post like this, I don't think everyone can just hold back and reply in a constructive manner. Go try this on SAU.com or NS.com and see their replies if u said the Skyline/Silvia was a "disappointment".

albii
19-04-2006, 07:07 PM
yeah...you don't think so yfin?...i actually think he warranted that remark.

Entity
20-04-2006, 01:41 AM
dude i love my euro

there are problems with it sure but so much less than other cars

yfin
20-04-2006, 02:08 AM
yeah...you don't think so yfin?...i actually think he warranted that remark.

It is a fine line albii - i just don't think we need any fights at the moment and that sort of comment tends to lead to retaliation.