ive noticed when im accelerating to about 80km then cruising at 80km,

i hear a whistling / winding sound from the engine or something

is this normal for a jazz?

note... that its not a turbo... hahhahah

should i take it to the dealer????

Jezzah
17-04-2006, 06:16 PM
yeh i get that too even when i accelerate to 20km/hr,
its the air being sucked into the engine by the air filter.
i've got a pod so its more noticeable.. but it should be fine.. no need to take it to the dealer. think of it as ur blow off valve.. lol

cheers
jez

-[NoS]-
17-04-2006, 06:47 PM
its annoying tho :confused:

Touge_Warrior
17-04-2006, 07:19 PM
think of it as a turbo spooling up

LOL :D

kuso
17-04-2006, 10:46 PM
-']ive noticed when im accelerating to about 80km then cruising at 80km,

i hear a whistling / winding sound from the engine or something

is this normal for a jazz?

note... that its not a turbo... hahhahah

should i take it to the dealer????

Do you have a pod filter? If you do then most likely the extra whistling sound is due to that. IF you hear a ticking sound at speeds above 80, its probably due to the gearbox or something as I hear a clicking sound too, but goes away if I hold the gear knob into the gear.

-[NoS]-
18-04-2006, 01:51 PM
nah... the jazz is stock as... its more of an electronic winding sound... i dunno
ahha

guess ill live with it

mayb mention it at the next service

EuroAccord13
18-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Could be wind noise... Happens to lots of cars :)

aaronng
18-04-2006, 01:55 PM
I get a high pitched whistling sound on my Euro as well. I thought it was the radio but the sound is still there when everything is turned off. It's probably from the intake (I have the stock airbox)

ACE888
18-04-2006, 05:53 PM
about a year ago, for about a month, i "use" to get that whining sounds, it sounded like a police car but in the distance..........

MRFIT
18-04-2006, 07:59 PM
i have this faint whistling sound when i'm on light throttle...... gotta be from the aftermarket airbox... its annoying as hell...... donno how to get rid of it though.... i tried to clean the filter, even the throttle body inlet..... but doesn't help....

TECDUP
18-04-2006, 08:24 PM
if you say its more of an electric whistle, try turning off your stereo and see if it goes away (dont just turn it down because the whistle will still be there with power to the stereo), if the sound does go away then it means your stereo is not earthed/grounded properly and you need to find a stronger ground

normally this sound follows the sound of your engine, the higher the revs the more high pitched the sound (sounds volume does not change)

if it is the sound from your pod then this also is not the best......though it does sound crazy when vtec hits and you can hear the air being sucked from the pod, you should have your pod conceled in some kind of box so as the hot air circulating around the engine is not being sucked in through your intake, only cold air from somewhere outside is...hot air means less performance

sassy_fit_vtit
18-04-2006, 11:03 PM
could be ur airfilter if u have an aftermaket one.

but as for me i get it from 0km to x km... hahah turbo spolling

TECDUP
19-04-2006, 10:34 PM
how did you go did you fix it or take it back to factory???
what was the prob???

muli
20-04-2006, 05:19 PM
mines started to really annoy me lately, its constantly there, but 2nd-3rd or 4th and slowly giving it some gas it starts to build up :(