PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable BOV - is the GFB Stealth FX the only choice?

saboteur
25-04-2004, 06:42 PM
I want an adjustable BOV for my car to comply to 'the rules', however I'd like to still have the option to vent to atmosphere. The Stealth FX is a good idea, being able to adjust it easily. Any alternatives though?

Cheers,
Tim

poid
25-04-2004, 07:36 PM
I havent heard of any others mate...just make sure its still legal in your state though, i would think some RTA wouldn't like it because it can potential vent to the atmosphere

Weq
25-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Cops will and have defected peoplef or a plumbback BOV. Just use common sense and dont piss them off. People have driven road for years with ATMO venters without ever being warned. We use MAP sensors so there is no advanatge in using them. Pick up a cheap turbosmart type 1 (got mine for $50) and it will suit all our honda, unbuilt applications.

A'PEXi
26-04-2004, 12:05 AM
doesnt matter, the fact that your bov is capable of venting in the atmosphere makes it illegal, whether it is set on plumback or not.

saboteur
26-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Where'd you get the Turbosmart for $50? I'm assuming that was second hand.

VTEC16
26-04-2004, 04:16 PM
doesnt matter, the fact that your bov is capable of venting in the atmosphere makes it illegal, whether it is set on plumback or not.

My car is capable of speeding - yet i havent been booked for speeding :P

Weq
26-04-2004, 04:47 PM
ebay all the way.... yeah it was second hand, liverpool exhaust welded up a flange for free when i got my eexhaust/intercooler piping done.

A'PEXi
05-05-2004, 09:55 PM

My car is capable of speeding - yet i havent been booked for speeding :P

im not the one that makes the rules, go tell a pig that when they book you for the bov.

cheebye
13-05-2004, 09:36 PM
i believe APS sell adjustable bov's as well.. maybe turbosmart, but not sure.