PDA

View Full Version : That old jazz advertisement

Iwishiwasa Type R
19-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Anyone remeber when the jazz first came out, the marketing campaign included a TV add where there was all the cool music and trippy visuals.

Anyways in this add I remember there was a part where the dude punched a button on either the steering wheel or the dash and then the next shot was of the tacho revving like a mofo. It sort of gave the impression that there was like a overdrive/rev or highly inlikely NOS button.

Does this button exist? or was it just evil PR trickery?

thanks jazz pilots

bilz~
19-04-2006, 02:03 PM
i think thats the CVT manual button...
that dude just punched (-) on the steering wheel manual button...

08ESE
19-04-2006, 06:30 PM
i got the TALKIN ALL THAT JAZZ demo cd when i brought my jazz :)

it was a demo they left in the cd player

ahcash
20-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Anyone remeber when the jazz first came out, the marketing campaign included a TV add where there was all the cool music and trippy visuals.

Anyways in this add I remember there was a part where the dude punched a button on either the steering wheel or the dash and then the next shot was of the tacho revving like a mofo. It sort of gave the impression that there was like a overdrive/rev or highly inlikely NOS button.

Does this button exist? or was it just evil PR trickery?

thanks jazz pilots

That's the 7-Speed mode button in CVT model .. Once pressed, you can change or hold at particular gear (oh wel, not actually gear..).. via the F1 padel shift or button for pre2005 model.

I guess it's something like the DSG shift?

Iwishiwasa Type R
28-04-2006, 04:12 PM
well that makes sense then. thanks.
So jazz fitted out with paddle shifts or the button. I assume its like triptronic right?.. no clutch?..

so if you rev your car and dont change gear,the gear will change automatically for you?

bigdongers
20-05-2006, 07:38 PM
the pre 05 jazz had buttons. 05+ has paddles.

Yes its like tiptronic. no clutch.

If you put the car in manual mode but dont change gears, the car will change for you. If you put in manual mode and do change gears, I found the car will hold the gear for you.

kobebruce
20-05-2006, 08:39 PM
but if your speed is decrease, even u change to manual mode, the car also will change for u.

panda[cRx]
20-05-2006, 09:09 PM
I found the car will hold the gear for you.

won't 'hold' em. it'll shift up if it doesnt like how high you are reving, same goes for if your speed is too low for the gear as kobebruce said

if you looked for it and coudlnt find it you were prolly in the 1.3 gli :p

paddles > buttons

JaCe
24-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Is the 7 gear CVT good? I've never driven a CVT before...

integraz
24-05-2006, 04:46 PM
yep its like tiptronic, but i don't think it has that same lags as the tiptronic transmission when u up shift... i think

And DSG is something completely different, the same + and - thing, but internally different, has two clutches=> faster shifts=> even faster than manual.

UNLS1
25-05-2006, 09:02 AM
i cant stand CVT its like its running on a bir rubber band!

and the 7 speed mode is just for fun, i never use it as its pointless coz it wont hold gear so its just like drivin an auto with the power button on!

My integra is now on the showroom floor and now im drivin a black VTi man and its a great lil car!

ROLLED
25-05-2006, 10:02 AM
That's the 7-Speed mode button in CVT model .. Once pressed, you can change or hold at particular gear (oh wel, not actually gear..).. via the F1 padel shift or button for pre2005 model.

I guess it's something like the DSG shift?

CVT is nothing like DSG! DSG has two clutches; one that selects the odd gears, 1,3,5 and another that selects the even gears, 2,4,6 etc. it shifts faster then most people can shift manual and someone already pointed out.