PDA

View Full Version : Power differences between GSi and VTi-R teg

Stoosh
19-04-2006, 03:00 PM
ok ive owned both of these cars before, my question is does the VTi-R have an extra power/torque down lower or is the 20kw (give or take) made in the VTEC stage?

quangsta
19-04-2006, 07:09 PM
taken from integra model listings in the integra section

gsi - has 172nm @ 5200rpm, 107kw @ 6200rpm
vtir - has 173nm @ 6300rpm, 127kw @ 7200rpm

as you can read a gsi and vtir have very similar peak torque but the gsi peak torque comes a little bit earlier then the vtirs....power wise i would think that vtir has it above the gsi from low to high....

string
20-04-2006, 07:02 PM
The GSI will make more power than the VTi-R down low, both due to having a head designed for lower rpm operation, and 37cc more capacity.

However, torque (therefore power) at the wheels will be greater in every gear at every speed in the VTi-R due to shorter gear ratios due to a much higher redline, so the VTi-R will be quicker in near every case.

Zilli
21-04-2006, 09:15 AM
The GSI will make more power than the VTi-R down low, both due to having a head designed for lower rpm operation, and 37cc more capacity.

However, torque (therefore power) at the wheels will be greater in every gear at every speed in the VTi-R due to shorter gear ratios due to a much higher redline, so the VTi-R will be quicker in near every case.

would 37cc's make that much of a difference though?

T-onedc2
21-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Remember also that the VTiR has a variable length intake manifold to be superior at low and high rpms.

string
21-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Remember also that the VTiR has a variable length intake manifold to be superior at low and high rpms.
Superior to not having it on a VTi-R, not superior to a GSI.

37cc may be two newton-metres or s. This may or may not be significant to you. I was merely stating the differences.

Until you seriously start to seriously restrict the flowing ability of the VTi-R head, the GSI will make more torque town low.

But as I said before, the VTi-R will have more wheel torque available at every speed since it has shorter gears.

I.e. if you are tossing up between the two cars, get the VTi-R no question, unless money is incredibly tight, which, even so, unless you don't care about performance, stretching the budget is recommended.

locote
21-04-2006, 06:40 PM
both cars will run low 15s stock, so i guess it comes down to how much u wanna spend and what mods u wanna do.

g_kn
12-08-2007, 04:21 PM
gSI = No vtec

Vtir = Vtec
:thumbsup:

xenonkuraz
12-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Vtec = :thumbsup: